Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move files in the cloud WITHOUT having to download them first - please!

Move files in the cloud WITHOUT having to download them first - please!

Fusion needs to download files first so it is able to move them and then stream that back to the cloud?

Ah what?

It should rather be able to do online what you want and then match the new structure to the local data.

Imagine the designs are very large and I want to move 21 at once!

Capture4.PNG

4 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

For me the Downloading Data dialog you show above is just shown while Fusion downloads the folder\project data tree. When it's downloaded I just pick a folder\project and the design's move, there's no download to my hard drive. Not sure if it's different with designs containing linked designs.

Mark

Edit. Just tested with a linked design and you can move between folders in a project but you can't move to a different project.

cekuhnen
Mentor

@HughesTooling It took some time to dl and that is simply a nuisance when I want to move something online anyway.

Move online - stream to local is ok

but

Download - move - stream to online is odd

Yeah ideally the cloud should be completely transparent unless you're actively using it

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Hi Claas,

I suspect what you were actually experiencing here was, unfortunately, some back end server latency/downtime.  We do not actually bring your data local then re-upload to a  new location.  The behavior is as you would expect, select something to move, choose your destination and the move is handled server side.

The "downloading data" is actually just building the list of your data structure in that dialog and has been renamed to "Receiving data"  in the more recent builds. Hopefully "Receiving" is less confusing than "Downloading" here.

Now on the latency part, we are working on having more meaningful experiences when you encounter these latency issues so they become less obtrusive for your workflows and are at least communicating what's happening so you're not hanging around waiting for a spinning wheel.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report