Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Pan

Mouse Pan

Hi,

Would it be possible to configure the mouse for the following:

-to orbit when simultaneously clicking both the right and left mouse button

-pan when clicking the centre button (wheel)

-zoom in/out when scrolling

This would allow zoom, pan and orbit to occur with only mouse input.

4 Comments
harri.k
Contributor

I want this as well!

Remapping mouse buttons for orientation.

Specifically middle mouse button to pan. I don't want to use the scroll wheel as a button, it's inconvenient and weird. Ctrl+RMB would be great. Got used to it in FreeCAD, which got this from OpenSCAD.

This idea seems to be posted many times before, but no effect. 

Scoox
Collaborator

I upvoted this but personally I don't want the two-button combination to do orbit, the reason being that I use that button combination in AutoHotkey to do something else.

Instead, I would like an option to let users decide whether the RMB orbits or does the "gestures" thing. I don't have a user for gestures, but I use orbit constantly.

Scoox
Collaborator

I just want to clarify my previous post, because I can see why AutoHotkey may not be for everyone, and I didn't mean to dismiss this feature suggestion just because it doesn't suit me. I think it is a great suggestion, and I've up-voted because I think it will be welcome by many Fusion 360 users. But ideally it should be made optional. Actually, we are getting customizable keyboard shortcuts soon (Autodesk officially announced they are currently working on it), so hopefully they'll keep the ball rolling in the direction of the mouse buttons.

Scoox
Collaborator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report