Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Robust Animation with Driven Joints and Keyframes

More Robust Animation with Driven Joints and Keyframes

While Fusion 360 is overall fantastic, I find the Animation module to be lacking what I would consider most basic components.  The two features that seem most lacking and would be ideal for inclusion are:

1.  Allow animation of joints and driven joints as actions

2.  Use keyframes to set all animatable attributes such as position (and hopefully joint driving)

All animation programs I've worked with use keyframes, from the most basic to the most advanced.  The fundamentals of Adobe After Effects would be a great model upon which to understand the basic expectations: any controllable attribute is keyframeable to any value at any point in the timeline.

I understand animation is not Fusion 360's core competency, but it is being pitched as a software solution that wraps all these capabilities into one, including animation.  While it might take awhile before high complexity features arrive to animation, I believe the two suggested above are almost fundamental requirements to visualizing one's concept for others.

Really appreciate this whole package and hope these efforts are already in the works.

3 Comments
fourdimensionaldoors
Contributor

It seems intuitive that this would already be the case in animation, a bit of a no-brainier considering that the program already does this in other modes, it seems odd, even silly, that it is disabled in animation mode!  once I finished my model and set all the joints I found myself extremely disappointed that I could not adjust the model position without a whole lot of pain to position multiple parts individually into their various different positions [which took forever for just a single frame] just to get to the first reference frame and then of coarse since it doesn't handle the joints nothing moved properly making animation mode just simply USELESS!!!

keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report