Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More easily post models to the hub for help

More easily post models to the hub for help

It would be nice if it was much easier to post models to the forum for others to see and edit, similar to how you can post an image.

For example, here are a few recent posts (1 2 3 4) where instead of the models being posted just a screenshot was used.  This sometimes makes it more difficult to fix the problem, because to have to reproduce it first.  While I think it's possible to attach f3d files now, it could be a lot easier, maybe a file picker that looks through the designs you have available.

Plus the kind of help you can get is more concrete, both from other users and support folks. Here are a few recent examples (1 2 3 4 5).  Some of those would have been very difficult to troubleshoot from just pictures, nevermind providing actionable advice.  But if you can edit the model and post it back, it's easier for us to help each other out.

What would be super cool would be adding images of the model that are taken from the f3d file automatically, or even embedding a live 3d view of the model.. Smiley Happy 

4 Comments
derrickoswald
Community Visitor

I too was hoping for a way to post a model as opposed to just a screen shot.

Maybe I've been spoiled by the open source community projects, like CoffeeCAD and OpenJSCAD, which are pure browser based tools.

For example, to post a model in OpenJSCAD, you just add the URL. Here's an axis coupler model exposed this way:

http://openjscad.org/#https://raw.github.com/Spiritdude/OpenJSCAD.org/master/examples/axis-coupler.j...

schneik-adsk
Community Manager

We have a lot to do to make sharing easier. We have some big plans this late fall to completely rework sharing and this will become possible.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

The sept update allows you to do this by RMB on a item and Share Public Link.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report