Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modular multi use pieces. small footprint one axis extrudability

Modular multi use pieces. small footprint one axis extrudability

I have built some models in order to build a ruggidized waterproof phone case that fits a variety of devices. However in doing so i design the pieces with a variety of features to allow them to be used in as many applications as possible. There small foot print and the congruency of the parts should allow for multiple print heads to print many pieces at the same time with only one print controller. I would like to point out a fair amount of ignorance on the computer science portion of this i/e the programing design etc. but some of the models I have built are available at https://memento.autodesk.com/users/josh-hall. Unfortunatley I have built these models on meshmixer and in order to get the boolean difference to work i had to make the parts solid which aparently puts lots of triangles in the mesh, and has the unfortunate consequence of making them unconvertable to a spline model.Such that, I was unable to edit and clean them on fusion either due to the program or my lack of experience most likely both. However the parameters could be used  to make lining up of the parts much easier and make them fit together with much more ease. Unfortuately I didn't know of either fusion or parameters until I had done around a hundred hours of work. The models of memento I am specificly having issues with are outer shell rail snap rail rib with pilot holes and the extrudable slide.

2 Comments
colin.smith
Alumni
Unfortunately this idea did not get the support of the community and as such we will not be pursuing it. Please feel free to rework and resubmit this one down the road. Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Due to the low strategic fit, we have decided that we will not be pursuing this one at the given moment.
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report