31 Kudos

Mirror in sketch from axes

by Advisor roambotics_scott on ‎09-16-2015 10:22 AM

Very often I want to mirror something in a sketch off of the center line based on the global origin / axes. 

Currently I have to add an extra stray line to the sketch.

Instead, we should just be able to use the origin axes (preferably without having to select and show them)

Adding to sketch improvements list. 

Comments
By: Mentor
| Posted ‎09-16-2015 11:50 AM

This has my vote and I am linking to a similar idea that was archived due to lack of votes:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/improve-mirroring-patterns/idi-p/4937...

Even if you need an arbitrary line to mirror about when an axis is not suitable this would allow you to draw that line with the mirroring dialog open and would not "pollute" the sketch with additional objects, which is someting direly needed ;)

By: Advisor roambotics_scott
| Posted ‎09-16-2015 11:54 AM
I wish I could up vote the archived idea (if I didn't already up vote it; I almost want to make 10 fake accounts to tip the no-brainers over the threshold).
By: Mentor
| Posted ‎09-16-2015 12:06 PM

Maybe I could set up two Fusion accounts for my Kids (9 and 14 ) to increase voting power ;-)

Just kidding.

By: Advocate Ndenekamp
| Posted ‎09-16-2015 12:59 PM

Definitly has my vote too!

By: Community Manager
| Posted ‎02-11-2016 11:14 AM
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Adding to sketch improvements list. 

By: Enthusiast MoonshineSG
3 weeks ago |

The origin and 3 axes should be allowed to be used in constrains, mirroring and other operations as any other line or point in the sketch. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean