Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh Import vs Insert Issue (Bug)

Mesh Import vs Insert Issue (Bug)

Not sure if this is a bug or not but when you import a mesh via the new Mesh Import feature and then go to drag & drop an STL into the same model the scales end up out of whack, even if it is the same file...I've attached screen-grab for reference and as you can see there is a difference in scale by a factor of about 10...

Capture2.PNG

I found this when I tried to insert my files from within my Fusion 360 cloud project browser after having used the import mesh feature  in the new mesh work space.....really should allow drag and drop, that was one of the benefits of loading files up to the cloud in the first place rather than keeping them local.

6 Comments
TrippyLighting
Consultant

Please report bugs in the normal forum. They get better attention there from the Fusion 360 team.

lokiidesigns
Advocate

@TrippyLighting, according to the link "REPORT BUGS & ISSUES" the right place for what I have detailed above is where I placed it. It is not a severe enough issue for one on one involvement from the support team and it does not require a resolution immediately as there are means to work around this issue.

Perhaps though using Bug in the heading is a bit misleading though.

lokiidesigns
Advocate

@TrippyLighting, I owe you an apology on this matter and appreciate the advice you offered previously.

It turns out I have been reading the instructions (and even your post) with a literal view in mind. Because of my entry point into this community (always through IdeaStation) I never made the link between this issue (i.e. bug reporting) and placing them in the "Design, Validate & Document" section, which everyone including the literature only ever refers to it as "The Forum". Instead I treated IdeaStation as the forum, which probably speaks volumes on my past history with online forums i.e. zero.

I will be re-posting my bugs/gripes there, but have requested that they update the guides to add a little more context.

lokiidesigns
Advocate

The scale problem seems to have been resolved as of checking it today, although you can't seem to opt in to getting to the Mesh Workspace in the first instance like you could previously. Instead now you insert a mesh and then go to the Mesh Workspace, perhaps this resolved the issue??

Would still be nice to see some commitment from Fusion on fully leveraging the cloud in that you cannot choose to insert a mesh from your cloud account - this is a consistent pattern across Fusion in its development.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report