Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure the length of a profile

Measure the length of a profile

I have a component that will be formed form one piece of flat bar and I need to know how long of a piece to cut. Currently I can not see anyway to measure the lenght of multiple segments of a profile without measuring each segment one at a time and then adding the results.

5 Comments
dannyspitz
Participant

i totally agrees, its a very basic feature that doesn't exist here in fusion 360 but in every other "proper" CAD system I've used. Please add this feature. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dale @dannyspitz 

You could try this free add-in: mSt sketchTools

mmilleratticus
Enthusiast

Here again, votes define practical?  This is a basic engineering task to know perimeter of a profile.  Even if it's not "popular" it's pretty basic, eh?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report