Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Move feature computed absolute position option

Make Move feature computed absolute position option

What I want is an option for entering the X Y and Z coordinates on the Move dialog whereby the move is calculated to be from the current location to the values entered. To do that now (and usually I am trying to move a point) I have to select the point and note the current position, press M, and use a calculator to determine the deltas needed to get from here to there and enter my calculations in the boxes.

In cases like these, I am trying to replicate a portion of some existing object design, working from physical measurements, usually starting my sketch based around the origin. I want to preserve the parametric abilities so I can take advantage of them as my drawing evolves.

This should not require much core change as best I can see, it is changing the dialog to allow the computer to figure it out rather than requiring me to use a calculator. I don't think I would want this new behavior to be the default, I only want it to happen if I click on something (perhaps a little icon like the ones for move pivot and such). Basically, when specified, I want my resulting relative move amount to be "entry minus current position" instead of just the entry amount.

2 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report