Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Simulation in Fusion 360 Ultimate like in HSMworks

Machine Simulation in Fusion 360 Ultimate like in HSMworks

Hey Guys,

I work as an application engineer . Till now I have been working with 3 axis with Fusion 360 for benchmark which has been really successful. And now our company has started to focus for Fusion 360 ultimate . And during the training I noticed that the Ultimate software doesn't have simulation with the entire machine like HSMworks , SolidCAM as referred to the image below.

Yes the entire machine has to simulate . Especially this will be useful to visualize 4th and 5th axis strategies in the software . Cause the simulation seen in Ultimate especially the 4th axis wrapping strategie's simulation are quite misguiding . Couldn't figure out whether the indexer is rotating or the tool is revolving around the component. Kindly try to bring this in Fusion 360 Ultimate as early as possible . Looking forward for a great update for this feature.

machineSim.jpg 

9 Comments
al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Marking this as Future consideration to be transparent about how soon we will address this.  

We do need to do this, however, it isn't simply pulling in what we have in HSMWorks.

As a note, the attached Screenshot is SolidCAM not HSMWorks.

Aadithya01
Advisor

Ha ha , 

Yes I know that . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmCGQ_KohLc

Kindly follow the above link where HSMWORKS is doing the Machine Simulation. I can understand that pulling Features from the offline platform and placing it in a cloud platform is not easy but it is possible by you if you give consideration . And that consideration is what we needed . Also Thanks for taking this as a future consideration . But it will benefit a lot for users like us and to our customers if you Implement it .

Looking forward for this update in Fusion 360 Ultimate

mgbent
Community Visitor

Is this something that has been implemented yet? I am interested in this feature as well. 

Any idea on when this will be public? I know plans can change but it is always nice to have something to look forward to 😃

f.gruenberg
Contributor

Any news on this?

We want to use Fusion 360 CAM for our Mazak Integrex i200ST 5-axis machine and Simulation would be a great tool for this.

Aadithya01
Advisor

Hi @f.gruenberg

Right now Fusion 360 preview mode has a setting where you can add your machine configurations. Dont know how much it helps. Refer the below link to know more details on that. Still if your models are really complicated where only machine simulation and machine manipulation is needed from the software itself ... Then I would suggest you to use powermill ... Cause there are only very basic 5 axis strategies available at the moment in HSM products. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sjk_Foz3-k

Anyways please vote for this idea

Regards

Aadithya

f.gruenberg
Contributor

Thank you! I think this is maybe a first step in the machine simulation direction.

The available strategies are sufficient for us because we do not have high complex parts but a real machine simulation would be very cool.

Another great feature would be multiple tools (additional turret) working simultanously on one component or one tool working on main spindle and another on second spindle.

Aadithya01
Advisor

Hi @f.gruenberg

That might also be the hour of need for few people working with multiple tools .... Why don't you raise this as an idea in the Fusion Ideastation ? 

Regards

Aadithya 

f.gruenberg
Contributor
salesHSMXH
Contributor

WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL FOR 5 AXIS SIMULTANEOUS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report