Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock file or mark as Read Only

Lock file or mark as Read Only

The project I'm working on includes a library of parts. The parts are known quantities and so once they are modeled, they should never change. I would like a way to lock my Fusion files so they can be opened and looked at, and inserted into other files, but are essentially read-only and can't be modified until unlocked.

8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. My project also has the need to be able to move models and drawings into "released" folder, and make them read only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be great to lock and make whole sub-system folders with its accompanying files and components set as read-only.

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

We are working on the ability to create libraries in your hubs so that common content can be shared and reused easily. The ability to do this hinges on another project we are working on to allow cross project distributed designs.

Thanks

Bankim

leonardschurg
Contributor

Is there any update on this project?

Its still not available, but would be quite practical in larger teams.

dave.bruford
Contributor

Hi,

Are there any updates in regards to this functionality?  I think for multi-team contributors and parts and pieces that get recycled, this is a very important feature.

Thanks!

zhuravliki
Enthusiast

Hello,

Access control with read-only option is essential for expanding Fusion 360 to multi-leveled teams. Please add this functionality to Fusion 360. It is very important.

joe_palmer
Enthusiast

Something like this, or the ability to add a user to a project with read-only permissions would be a great addition. I currently teach Fusion 360 to around 60 students, at present the only way to share example files with them is to export as .f3d and get them to upload the file manually. If I share the project with them then someone will inevitably save over my example file with their own work.

lt
Explorer
Explorer

hi, is there any update on the ability to 'lock' a file/mark as 'read-only' to prevent changes?  lots of important scenarios where this is essential in a normal design workflow (eg superseded and do not touch files as well as tool box stuff).

thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report