Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local controlled storage of files

Local controlled storage of files

I love your program, and I have AutoCAD for Mac and Maya. I like Autodesk. I use a Mac for everything but SolidWorks, but the file management is so important to me, that I'm willing to buy an expensive PC workstation and pay the subscription for SolidWorks even though I hate Windows almost as much as I hate SolidWorks. Your scheme to back up locally is a joke: you have to do it every time you save a file. And I should not have to go on line and wait for ever to view a folder full of STEP files or whatever. I have Verizon FiOS business class in my office and sometimes it takes forever to upload and download these files. I can't imagine trying it in a factory in China where the connections range from sparse to nonexistent. I'm guessing some greedy executive at AutoDesk is more concerned about selling us disk space down the road than giving us what we need. This of course makes me reluctant to buy anymore Autodesk products

2 Comments
charegb
Community Manager

Hi @photo, This question has come up before and this post summarizes it best - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/saving-a-project-locally/m-p/6323217#M55518

Having said that, upload/save should not be slow for you on a FIOS connection. If you want to send your logs from the Help->Diagnostic Log Files to me in a direct message/email (bankim.charegaonkar@autodesk.com), we can look at whats causing some of the issues for you.

Thanks,

Bankim

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report