Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave operation choices as they were last used.

Leave operation choices as they were last used.

I continue to end up with joined bodies because I forget that while the 'new body' shows when a tool first opens it changes after for instance an extrusion.  When I'm using a tool on a regular basis I don't want to have to continually re choose the operation I want performed.   Leave it the way I set it until I change it.  That would save me a great many mouse clicks.

Likewise with the extrusion - "from sketch plane" option.  I find the 'from point' much more useful and tire of having to select it every time I use the tool.  

2 Comments
smallfavor
Collaborator

Really, this necessity of selecting every aspect of an operation every time is utterly silly.  I'm using the combine tool to cut some other pieces and not only must I cut one target body at a time, I must make sure the operation doesn't join them instead and at least for the first run to remember to keep the tool.  OOPs!  I'll have to undo a couple steps and start over. It may be my 'fault' using the tool but I think demanding such redundant attention to such details is 2nd rate interface design.  OOps, the extruded profile turned into a cutting tool trimmed away some needed geometry and disappeared.  What great fun this is!

smallfavor
Collaborator

So, again I'm modeling along and several steps down the pipeline I realize I've joined two bodies that were supposed to be separate.  It's moronic that a tool must be configured in every aspect every friggin time.  Now I've to go through whatever tedium is required to fix a problem that should not be generated in the first place!  **** this is irritating!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report