Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Date & Time Format

International Date & Time Format

2016-03-07_11-46-59.png

So was that created on the 3rd of January or the 1st of March? This is hideous guys, come on. If you only want to use a single date format, then please use March 1st 2016 instead of the short hand version of the date. 

To do this properly though, you should be tying the date & time format into the default unit preferences. Fusion is now starting to grow reasonably well outside of the USA, this type of thing really puts people off. 

Hopefully you can get this into the next build or two?

38 Comments
charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

We will support Locale specific timestamp formatting in an update next month.

Thanks,

Bankim

scottmoyse
Mentor
BOOM! Thanks

Sent from my Windows Phone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be best if you just showed the date in words "March 1, 2016" and then the time based on the user's preference and show it in 24 hour clock along with the time zone (09:15 PST). If you just show numeric dates in locale you'll still confuse folks.

whunter
Advocate

There's an ISO standard for formatting dates, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

scottmoyse
Mentor

@charegb what happened? It's been a few months, and a few updates past, but this hasn't been implemented yet... it's annoying for the first 12 days of every month.

ajmasuda
Explorer

It would be best if specific date/time format can be specified as an option, and not as a locale format.

In any case, it would be nice if the default format can be ISO yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM (tz).

It would be even nicer if time zone can be added.

International has nothing to with it. ISO is a better format. It sorts easier and less prone to errors. 

I am in the U.S., by the way, and I prefer the ISO format.

whunter
Advocate
ISO = International Organisation for Standardisation
scottmoyse
Mentor

@charegb What's going on with this? It's REALLY confusing for everyone outside of the USA for the first 12 days of each month. 

daniel_lyall
Mentor

bump

jszaboABD67
Contributor

Has this made it into an update.  If so can you please point me to where i can change the date format?

Anonymous
Not applicable

ISO8601 format please in the application, forums etc etc. 

Have not noiticed any way to change format in most current version. Is it implimented?

https://www.iso.org/iso-8601-date-and-time-format.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

and for entertainment purposes:

https://xkcd.com/1179/

scottmoyse
Mentor
It's been 18 months since this was posted, and originally it was meant to be implemented within a month of the idea being posted... I wouldn't hold your breath for it being implemented any time soon. It doesn't affect the decision makers in any way since it's in the format they use. Bummer really. A barely useful browser hosted version of Fusion 360 for Linux and Chromebook users is more important.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this iDea implemented already of not? By me I still see the date in "American format"

Thanks

scottmoyse
Mentor
It's not.. frankly it's very poor that it wasn't there from the beginning.
Projectitis
Enthusiast

Bump. Is this implemented yet? If so, please let me know where it is in the settings!

scottmoyse
Mentor
it's not. And it's a bit of a running joke.
Projectitis
Enthusiast

Thanks Scott. I note that the iOS app DOES have dates in a more suitable format Smiley LOL

daniel_lyall
Mentor

Date/Time:

<script> var dt = new Date(); document.getElementById("datetime").innerHTML = (("0"+dt.getDate()).slice(-2)) +"."+ (("0"+(dt.getMonth()+1)).slice(-2)) +"."+ (dt.getFullYear()) +" "+ (("0"+dt.getHours()).slice(-2)) +":"+ (("0"+dt.getMinutes()).slice(-2)); </script>
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daniel_lyall Is that code some kind of solution to this long mentioned issue?

daniel_lyall
Mentor

@Anonymous it is the code to have the date in the correct order date, month, year and time it is just to show it is not hard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report