Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspect tool (measurement) should work in CAM

Inspect tool (measurement) should work in CAM

The Inspect tool should be enabled in CAM simulation.  There is no way to make measurements after running the simulation in order to adjust toolpaths.  Trial and error method of adjusting toolpaths becomes tedious and a way to make measurements after a simulation would be very useful.

4 Comments
maximumiq
Advocate

Also it would be nice to be able to measure while CAM operations are being defined.

In version 2.0.1939, if you are defining a CAM setup or an operation, and while that dialog is open, you click Inspect in the toolbar, the CAM dialog closes without warning and you loose everything you defined in your dialog.

That cannot be by design !

kellings
Advisor

@maximumiq YES!!! A million times yes!!!

jmcgee3GRY3
Explorer

I am not sure if anyone has come across this post recently, as I have, but I would like to see this idea taken one step further. There should be an option to save CAM simulation outputs as a body. This would solve the issue of measurement and several others. 

If this sounds useful to you, here is my recent suggestion on IdeaStation:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/save-cam-simulation-as-a-body/idi-p/6...

Thanks for reading.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report