Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Component from McMaster Carr Enhancement

Insert Component from McMaster Carr Enhancement

1) Add back button to browser window.  Occasionally I am searching for the component I need and it would be handy to have a back button. 

2) Please don't automatically close the window after I insert the CAD file.  Typically I want to get more components from the same page.  Currently when I insert....the mini browser window closes.  When relaunched it defaults to the McMaster Carr home page.

It might be better to just notify us the component was inserted but keep the window open. 

Thanks 

5 Comments
cyclops19
Enthusiast

Agreed ! It's frustrating to have to close out of current page totally to go back one page

colemanVJMPP
Advocate

Exactly.  And frequently I want to go back to the same component I just downloaded to grab the PDF specification sheet to add to my folder.  

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We will revisit this command when working on libraries of reusable content, probably next year.

Thanks,

Bankim

kb9ydn
Advisor

This needs to happen soon!

C|

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was about to post a topic for both of these features but I found this thread, so I wanted to to draw attention to it again.  The lack of these two features makes using McMaster-Carr much more difficult than necessary, even to the point where people don't use it as much as they otherwise would.

Because I have to start all over from the front page each time I insert a component, and I can't hit a "back" button after I mistakenly click on wrong selections, my typical workflow is to use my regular web browser to find the part that I'm looking for and then copy/paste the part number into the McMaster-Carr dialogue within Fusion.

It's great to be able to insert components from McMaster-Carr, but the current implementation reduces its functionality by a LOT -- it still saves some time since the user doesn't have to upload an STP file to the project through Fusion's (also very inefficient) Data Panel, but it wastes time by making you go from application to application.  This seems like a relatively low-hanging fruit that would be wise to fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report