Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

included angle

included angle

Some tools require the included angle of the tip. Others just one side.

PLEASE do one or the other

OR

Put a little note in the respective tool specification window which is required.

OR

a pop up note.

Something is better than nothing.

5 Comments
mike.mattera
Alumni

Hi Fueler,

Can you give me an idea what your were looking at when you had this thought. Is this a tool library request?  Mill Lathe? 

Fueler
Collaborator

Yup on the tool library.

Some tools that have tips require you enter 1 side of the angle IE 30 degrees. Others require the included angle IE 60 degrees.

There is no way to know what to enter.

IF it weren't for a funny looking tool shown on the screen I would never have guessed.

It needs to be one way of doing it or have a little note above that entry designating which type of angle entry is required.

I vote for included angle since that is the way we buy tools.

mike.mattera
Alumni

Good Point Fueler,

I agree. We will be looking at redoing some of the tool library information in the future and I'll keep your suggestion. Just 1 point, I believe some Face Mills specify the side angle of the insert. But as long as we illustrate it properly, it shouldn't be a problem.

Mike Mattera

Content Experience Developer (CXD) - CAM

mike.mattera@autodesk.com

Fueler
Collaborator

I disagree that the illustration will show the difference to all. Compare a 45 angle to a 50. They can look the same to some. Then there is bound to be some odd special angle someone uses.

I would not depend on that illustration keeping people out of trouble.

If you don't want to mess with and potentially mess up the math just put a little text above that field like Included angle or 1/2 included angle.

Fueler
Collaborator

Oh, and I agree on the facemill deal. So a text would be the simplest way to idiot proof it on the various tools.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report