Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve sketch error locating

Improve sketch error locating

I currently have a sketch where 3 projection points have failed, and I have no clue where they are located.  There are probably 50 reference points in the sketch and having the error highlighted in yellow doesn't help. It seems that the points have either been obscured by other points, or they are missing altogether.   Navigating to each potential location, and checking if the error is there, is a huge time consumer.  

The error messages are of no help.  For example - Where is "Project22"?  Presently there is no way to even relate a specific name to a feature.

2017-02-16.png

I suggest 1 of two alternatives.  

1 - double click the failure in the warning dialog to effect a zoom into the offending location

or

2 - add errors as a visible object feature, and allow error visibility to be selected

2017-02-16 (1).png

It's clear that F360 has the information about the error location - it just doesn't presently make it available.

Regards

Peter

3 Comments
cekuhnen
Mentor

@pludikar

I highly agreed. That fusion does not tell you where issues are somehow is making trouble shooting painstakingly difficult.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for the idea - this is definitely something we want to improve, and has been captured in our backlog. With that said, I'd like to dig into your design to see exactly what is happening. Can you PM me a share link to your design? 

pludikar
Collaborator
Hi keqing,

I'd love to send you a link, but I'm away until the beginning of April. I need to open up my model history and find the version that was causing the problem, which I can't do from where I am presently. I have since redone my model from scratch using a different, and slightly simpler, approach. However, the model is prone to breaking - this wasn't the first, or last time, I've experienced related problems - it's happened to me a couple of times after I moved a sketch which was referenced by projected point on another sketch.

I suspect it happens because my model bogs down the computational power of my computer and hiccups when it tries to save the model at the same time. My internet link is slow, so a model file of 32Mb takes a good 10 or more minutes to upload, but my model still gets worked on.

If it helps in the meantime, I'm trying to design a vacuum table. It's nominally a 49"x108"x.75" sheet with a mesh of grooves on 2" centres - yielding over a 1000 squares. I've modelled the table frame separately, and imported that model into the vacuum table sheet. I've then projected a number of mounting locations onto the sheet model - it was these projections that broke, perhaps because I changed the table model underneath. The table model is a collection of 9 x 8020 aluminum ribs, that have T slots on all sides, so a relatively complex form.

I'll send you link to my model, as soon as I return next month.

Regards
Peter

Get Outlook for iOS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report