Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve hole command for multiple holes using one hole feature

Improve hole command for multiple holes using one hole feature

I would like to see some enhancements to the hole feature tool. Currently it seems that only one hole can be created per hole feature. I would like to activate the hole command and have the ability to place multiple holes using one feature.

9 Comments
haughec
Autodesk

Thanks for submitting the request.  The ability create multiple holes within a single command is definitely on our radar.

The approach we're considering is to allow the placement of multiple holes on pre-existing sketch points.  This means that you would first create a sketch to define the location of your holes, and then invoke the Hole command and select those sketch points.  Hole placement would be associative to the sketch, so editing the sketch would modify the position of the holes.  Each of the holes created with a single command would gave to be identical.  Will that solution meet your requirements, and that of others on the forum?

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: 実装済み

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: 実装済み

WSEast
Enthusiast
For me that solution will be fine. Thank you for taking the time to
consider my suggestion and submit you proposal for comment.
mniadna
Participant

Using sketch points would be fine. It would also be nice if the hole command would default to the last hole configuration used. I just created a bunch of CS holes and every time I restarted the Hole command it would default to simple hole and I had to reselect my sizes from the "recent" drop down. Would it be possible to preconfigured arrangements for common fasteners? e.g. Select a 1/4-20 socket head and have the command pre configure the hole according to the fastener size.     It would also be nice if you could toggle the Thread command from inside the Hole command.

mark2t
Advocate

Creating multiple holes in one feature is a must. Being able to reference sketch points and other construction geometry like the default planes for dimensions is a must. As it stands now, only edges seem to be able to be referenced for placing holes, and this is not a robust approach.

haughec
Autodesk

Thanks for the input.  An update: we've started work on the ability to place multiple holes on sketch points.  This is being tracked internally as FUS-5737.  I'm hopefult that this will be available shortly after the first of the year.

Responses to related comments:

• "It would also be nice if the hole command would default to the last hole configuration used."  Agreed.  I'll look into this.
  • "As it stands now, only edges seem to be able to be referenced for placing holes...".  With the forthcoming enhancement, you'll be able to create multiple holes from sketch points, and those sketch points can reference any model geometry.

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

We are happy to report that this was made available in Jan 2014 update.

In the hole command there is now an option to select multiple sketch points to define multiple holes. Sketch points can me any point so this includes endpoints of lines or arcs not just explicit points.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report