17 Kudos

Improve 2D Chamfer Operation - Support Modelled Chamfers

by Advocate a month ago |

Currently, the 2D Chamfer tool won't work correctly in scenarios with modelled chamfers, if at all. That's not a problem for deburring sharp edges, but it would be nice if it could support modelled chamfers too. This would eliminate the need to specify a chamfer width, and would mean that you could use the benefits of the tool clearance smarts.

2DChamfer.jpg

Thanks for your idea! We definitely feel you and agree with this idea. The challenge is how our software is set up and is very difficult to make the work well. It's not a small project and we'd like to tackle it but we have some higher priority projects we'd like to knock out this year. We'll keep you posted on our progress. 

Comments
By: Explorer MDi-co
3 weeks ago |

When I first started using the CAM side of Fusion this was very confusing to me.  I modeled a chamfer, I have a chamfer tool, but I have to use contour instead of 2D CHAMFER?

By: Advocate ARTHUR-HM
3 weeks ago |

I just ran into that last week... was so confused why I couldn't get my modeled chamfer to work right. As soon as I got rid of it, and went with the sharp edge, it started to behave as expected. Clearly an area that should be fixed. 

By: Community Manager
Tuesday |
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for your idea! We definitely feel you and agree with this idea. The challenge is how our software is set up and is very difficult to make the work well. It's not a small project and we'd like to tackle it but we have some higher priority projects we'd like to knock out this year. We'll keep you posted on our progress. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean