Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing IGES with only points/splines

Importing IGES with only points/splines

In working with CMMs for reverse engineering, often times there are no models, surfaces and such created - but simply a point cloud or splines.

Pardon my ignorance if there is a solution, I am simply coming form Solidworks and testing out my usual workflow for compatibility. Fusion360 can open IGES files, but there are no options to customize what gets imported.

Solidworks allows for IGES import/export and customization of features that are recognized on import or exported.

Allowing the importing of points/splines into a few file would allow one to refernce point cloud/splines to create features and build up a model from rudimentary scan data.

Thank you for your time!

4 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

Thanks for the idea and for providing some insight on your workflow. We are working on a plan to how to better handle mesh data/scanned data, importing them into Fusion 360, and manipulating them, etc, specifically around reverse engineering. A lot of the technology we're leveraging is coming from MeshMixer. It is a free download and usage - if you haven't heard of it, be sure to check it out here: http://www.meshmixer.com/

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for your idea, this is getting changed to future consideration due to Keqing's comment of the future integration of our mesh mixer technology.

Regards,

Mike Prom

dmitriy
Enthusiast
sounds good. good to see fusion evolving.

dmitriy
Enthusiast
Bump for updates. Mesh tools are ok but scans I have contain solid bodies and sketch entities (circles and planes). Any solutions to importing IGEs with sketches.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report