Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impliment constraints that prevent flipping

Impliment constraints that prevent flipping

I've seen a couple requests for this, but always for specific cases. It seems like it's a more general problem.

Currently it seems to be impossible to tell the solver that a constraint should not flip the current orientation of lines. As it is, if I put equal dimension constraints on the placement of holes in a sketch, it's even odds that the solver will flip them completely outside when I resize anything.

Apparently the same thing happens with tangents. Same thing has happened with right angle constraints. It's insanely frustrating, and I've resorted to manually setting each dimensions a couple of times.

3 Comments
daniel_lyall
Mentor

it is a bug or just no one know the best way to do it, drawing in a slot can do the samething when you change its demention, the fix for it was a to add another constrant. it could well be the same for other things

colin.smith
Alumni
This item has been archived due to a lack of votes. If you feel this item is important feel free to create a new idea station item.
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report