Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identifying materials in render mode

identifying materials in render mode

It would be helpful to quickly identify what material is being used on a rendered part while in render mode, especially when multiple materials are the appearance window and many look the same. I know I can rt-click and see properties but it's not as direct, or consistent, and sometimes long names are cut off.

I would like to click on a rendered part, in render mode, and cross-highlight the appearance swatch with the model in a similar way the modeling/parts interface works.

It would also be useful to be able to expand the Appearance window rather than have to scroll the swatch list.

2 Comments
SEIZMICdesign
Collaborator

This would be fantastic.

SEIZMICdesign
Collaborator

This is a must.

@jwrockstarr0 wrote:

I can rt-click and see properties

Doesn't work for materials applied to faces does it? Surely Fusion knows what material is applied to any given body/surface. We need to be able to select a body or surface and it highlight the corresponding swatch in the materials viewer. If more than one material is applied to a body, it should highlight them all. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report