Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideastation: recent not popular by default

Ideastation: recent not popular by default

Tons of good ideas get posted and buried because Ideastation shows «popular» by default (so most people coming here completely miss most things)

Simple fix: make the default to show «recent» rather than «popular»

13 Comments

Title says it all.

Mine is set to recent but I think the default is popular and if people get pushed to popular by default then most won't see most new ideas (catch-22).

Tags (1)
donsmac
Collaborator

I agree, I got messed up with that and ended up posting twice after searching through 12 pages trying to find my post only to realize I was looking at Popular instead of Recent.

I don't know if you have seen my posting here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-and-documentation/how-do-i-pause-or-stop-playback-of-the-design...

I was thinking you want to comment, I'm trying encourage Jeff to 'See Differently'

brianrepp
Community Manager

This is definitely doable - the popular tab should rotate fairly frequently though based upon newness/kudos/views.  Any others think this should change?

kb9ydn
Advisor

Yes this is rather annoying.

C|

Anonymous
Not applicable

THAT OPTION WOULD BE HELPFUL IF IT WORKED. 

IN THE GENERAL QUERY/SEARCH SCREEN, MY "REVISIONS/VERSIONS" IS DEFAULTED TO "LATEST" AND STILL SHOWS THE OLD SUPERSEEDED.

LIKE I SAID, THIS WAS FIXED ONCE, LAST UPDATES SOMEHOW OVERWROTE THE CODE THAT CORRECTED THIS.

APPPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK/SUGGESTION.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

+16 votes.. very strongly dislike archiving this, @keqingsong

keqingsong
Community Manager

Understood, but this is very low on our priorities right now. The recent tab is really 1 click away. If we hear more and more people wanting to have it switch to recent, we can look into making that happen. For now, it is what it is. 

May be low on your priorities, but it's also probably doable in about an hour even for someone who doesn't know the codebase and not doing it guarantees that most ideas won't get above the noise floor

keqingsong
Community Manager

Don't get me wrong, this idea is captured in our backlog. We're focusing on making forum performance faster as priority.  

Fair enough / thanks

keqingsong
Community Manager

no prob. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh there. Lack of sleep / Fusion outagepocalypse makes Keqing a bit terse. 

Fair enough also I may tend to come off as overly abrupt 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report