IdeaStation: Request a Feature or Enhancement

How do I get my idea in Fusion 360?

Implemented

find in browser

cekuhnen
New Idea
3 Kudos

Fusion360 really needs Industrial Design tools for "Plastic Part" design as per Inventor 2017. this is am must have and as important as sheet metal.

Plastic Features Inventor 2017.PNG

0 Kudos

Photos

by Enthusiast SEIZMICdesign yesterday |

Not a big one here, guys, just a little detail. Every time I go to Share > iPhoto it drives me Nuts! Can you update it to say "Photos"? 

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Will the retrieve dimensions and hole info be added into the 2d drawings for 360. This was one thing I found very useful and time saving in Inventor?

0 Kudos
I would very much like a new fusion 360 workspace (like cad or cam) for offline programming of robots. I know it exists another software, I was just thinking how neat it would be to design an entire assembly with the robot in it and then program it's movements based on everything else that you've already created. I really love fusion for both its design and it's machining capabilities. Not to mention the rendering… Talk about a great way to sell a design … But we do a lot of automation. It might be wishful thinking but it would sure make my day if you guys could at least consider it. Thanks in advance ..
0 Kudos

Hi.
When I design a make a lot of TSplines, and adust them by the CMD (on mac). It would be great to have a shortcut key instead of a gesture or rightclick. Can you make it happen!? <3

0 Kudos

Tool Management

by Observer Gewitec yesterday |

Hi,

Fusion 360 CAM needs a connection to a professional tool Management an tool configurator software. This is important because the user can use just Tools who are physical availbale in the factory. A real 3D model of the tool Assembling is also important.

3 Kudos
I would like to see an option to change the size of the icons in the ribbon. As it is right now, the ribbon uses too much screen space and that tools simply don't get added leaving room for few of each in Sketch, Create, Modify, etc. Would be nice to have an option for Large, medium or small icon size.
1 Kudo

Having created an Animation within a single storyboard it would be great to be able to set some 'snapshots' or 'keyframes' along the timeline that could transfer through to 2d drawing view states. Currently, it seems that only the 'home' view at the end of the timeline of a given storyboard transfers across.

This would mean that an animation could quickly be converted into a series of step-by-step 2d drawings useful for instruction manuals and patent drawings.

0 Kudos

I would like the ability to have the stock created in the CAM setup as an option to show and dimension in a drawing. I include it, with all appropriate dimensions when I model the stock but to be able to do the same thing with the dynamic stock capabilities within the CAM set up would be so much faster and even more useful.

0 Kudos

PLEASE HELP SPEED ME UP IN FUSION

by Advocate matth on Thursday - last edited Thursday |

I am an AutoCAD, power user. 

I am a keyboard shortcut advocate. 

I accept challenges for Draft-Offs.

I push projects and designs forward with a momentum that is only limited to my insight on what to draw next.

Or so I hope.

I have picked up Fusion 360 quickly.

So far I am proud of my projects and designs constructs and content. 

I am impressed. 

I want to go fast.

I can't have any tool slow me down. 

The only advantage I found is that Fusion has CAM and Timeline.

A one stop shop.

And it has you,

The Developers and The Community.

Give Kudos on this and other posts wanting similar things!

S-Command, RESERVE SPACEBAR FOR COMMAND SELECTION

This software is ok, about keeping the mouse in a combative state in the drawing, pushing the design forward while my other hand confidently navigates from ASDF to any dang key on the mechanical keyboard. I do not have the dexterity, nor time, to hit enter and reset and sometimes just plainly do not want to leave the active region on the screen with my pointer and move it towards an item to select it in the S-Command dialog.

Keyboard Shortcuts, 

AN NECESSARY AID FOR PEOPLE WHO, WHEN THEY DRAFT, INTEND A DRAFTING SESSION TO BE PREDICTABLE, EFFORTLESS AND QUICK.

Every other drafting software in Autodesk has them. Don't knock it, till you have spent years in one design environment. Again, from my perspective the years I have, have been jammed with drafting content -I am quick you know.

I have made a previous post, like many others before, for keyboard shortcuts to be user defined. In the post, I referred to Revit as a model for shortcuts done right across application context. 

That about sums it. I apologize if this is arrogance. From my perspective, it is my reality. Serious about that draft off, it would be excellent to meet other Drafters out there that share this aggressive drafting mentality. 

LET ME DRAW EVEN FASTER PLEASE!! 

SAVE THIS NATION OF FUSION USERS $

IN AGGREGATE LOSS OF PRODUCTIVITY FROM NOT HAVING KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS.

Fusion Team I Love what you have done here, I appreciate everything you do for the community. Thank you.

Matt

0 Kudos

OK, Please try this out and if the issue exists for you please give me some kudo's.

Double click on the Offset Plane icon in your timeline to edit the feature.

Start typing the offset and hit enter. grrrr.... The text field doesn't have focus...

When you right click edit on the browser it works....

3 Kudos

It would be nice to exhibit changes in stress along individual members in an assembly with animated colors as it is going through kinematic motion throughout its degrees of freedom. Perhaps this might be a bit of a lofty goal but if its not too difficult such simulations would help a lot in the analysis and design of mechanical assemblies.

5 Kudos

In sketch mode if you want to create a symmetry constraint about a line through the origin, you have to create a line through it first.

It would be nice if you could use a coordinate axis that's already there for this, as well as any other time it's just for reference and doesn't need to be altered the way a construction lines sometimes are.

2 Kudos

The text size in the data panel does not scale with the OS settings.   It's difficult to read on a high res display.  The other regions do scale.

2 Kudos

I would like to see one or two custom cycles in the DRILL options.  It would look something like this.

Screenshot 2017-03-23 13.20.10.png

This would allow machine specific tasks, like HAAS G47 engraving.  

0 Kudos

A360 Upcharge to New Users starting in March:

Can we create a switch to let the billing stay with the Fusion360 user when inviting new customers into our cloud based project.   We use A360 as a marketing advantage.  New customers love to see their project taking shape.  We believe in open transparency in our projects.   We do not want to scare away potential customer.  Make it so we Fusion360 users can absorb the costs so we can attract new accounts.

autodesk upcharge.jpg

1 Kudo

In the sketch mode the toggle button "create copy" is missing.

And i'm missing it dearly.. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos

It would be great to be able to select not only a line, but also a point mirror.

2 Kudos

When using the sketch mirror tool it can come in practical if one could choose not to keep the source, but only the resulting mirrored sketch objects.

1 Kudo

Dear all,

I hope this could be a good idea. What I need is (I.E. in the extrusion process) to match the settings of a previous feature (I.E. a previous extrusion). Not only the measures, but also other parameters, like if it is symmetrical, if joins or cut, or... and also the distance of course.

One example is: activate extrusion > select profile > go into the history and click on an existing extrusion to match all the settings. Done.

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards,

Filippo

0 Kudos

Issues with Offset

by Advocate matth on Wednesday - last edited Wednesday |

If you are picking your curves in the offset tool, DO NOT PAN!!! It will remove your selection forcing you to re-pick!

Another issue I have noted is dimensional constraints applied to lines that still hold the offset constraint fail! I have two screencast videos for this... Here is the issue with the constraints:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/9f519191-d278-45e1-8ab3-e4b0756ca02c

grrr...

1 Kudo

How about customisable columns in the Tool library?

At the moment there is a pile of columns with some useful information about the tool you're about to select, but to my eyes, one of the most important is not there, that being Body Length, ie how far the tool is sticking out of the holder!. There is a column for overall length, which nobody cares about as some of the tool is inside the holder.... 

If user customisable columns can't be done, then at least swap out Overall Length for Body Length so i can easily see how far the cutting tip is from the holder without having to go edit the tool.

7 Kudos

Hi,

I know that this subject has been discussed before but I think it's very important to put it on the table again.

I'm very impressed by how Fusion takes CAD to the next level and I've been putting it in the hands of different heavy CAD users working for bigger enterprises than me, and they all loved it and only stayed with one question, "How data is managed?"

For an enterprise it's unacceptable to have data into a crackable server, propriety of amazon ( a million iCloud accounts cracked a few days ago, take that amazon... ), that can be down for any reason like bugs. But it's also the main reason why they loved it, no "need" to manage the data, all computers share the same files.

So what if enterprises could have a "server" version of Fusion 360 to store all data and services locally? Well, I think it will be the "killer" feature, at such a point that I don't know if Inventor could still be taken as an "upgrade" from fusion.

I know it's difficult to do, but it NEEDS to be considered further, however Fusion is only going to target small enterprises with no intellectual proprieties, but hey, if it's the goal for Fusion to not cover all the market, stay that way Autodesk.

Thanks for your attention, Hugues.

0 Kudos

Allow a cross section view to be referenced as a plane when attempting to split a body.

0 Kudos

I would like Active component visibility to not override body settings for opacity. At the time I noticed this problem I had a component with 2 bodies and I wanted one transparent to make it easier to see the body I was working on. I don't want to disable Active Component visibility because I want the rest of the design transparent as well.

So in this example I wanted to work on the highlighted body with the other body transparent.

Clipboard01.png

But when I make the component active both become opaque and the rest of the assembly is transparent. The reason I have 2 bodies at this point is because I needed to scale body2 independent to body1 then combine so I don't want to use 2 components.

before.png

Opacity at the component level does override Active component visibility I'd just like the body setting to override it as well.

tool6.png

Thanks Mark

1 Kudo

We now have a Reorder to minimize tool changes checkbox, but we really also need an Order by tool checkbox option in PostProcess.

Reasons?  I have multiple operations that I want to happen by senquential tool regardless.  There is no good way to make this happen currently.

9 Kudos

I think this is an essential feature if you want to be able to make clear drawings.

I see a lot of users running into this problem. Why isn't this fixed yet??? 

0 Kudos

I think this is an essential feature if you want to be able to make clear drawings.

I see a lot of users running into this problem. Why isn't this fixed yet??? 

7 Kudos

I am used to work with Inventor 2009 and recently switched to Autodesk Fusion.

I used to provide my suppliers with DXF files (made form drawings) which they can use directly to drive their machines. This worked perfectly.

Fusion on the other hand doesn't have the possibility of DXF output from a drawing. Yes, you can do this from a sketch but 3d models are often much more complicated than just a simple sketch. So this is no appropriate solution.

My suppliers cannot work with the DWG 2013 output that Fusion gives...

If you ask me Fusion should provide the possibility to output a drawing to DXF.

0 Kudos

Hey guys,

For some reason the Merge tool in the Patch environment only appears in Direct mode! WHY?

Cheers / Ben
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Check out my YouTube channel: Fusion 360: NewbiesPlus

0 Kudos

It will be great if we can do direct modeling from a dead solid as we can in CREO and few new software.

Per exemple:

Re-enter a hole diameter

Re-enter, a distance between 2 faces

re-specify a angle between 2 faces

I suggest that we use the 1st face as the reference face, and the second face as the one that need to be ajusted.

actually, the press pull fonction is not bad, but it's work as a ticken, you can't specified a diameter or distance.

0 Kudos

When zooming in and out while sketching, I loose track of the units which the grid lines represent. It would be good to be able to see a scale (e.g.in bottom right hand corner) of the UI. Something similar to what Google Maps show as you change the zoom ratio. (See attached image)

8 Kudos

I think it would be great if in conjunction with the current capabilities of Fusion360 that it could add electrical schematic and layout capability.  Hobbyists and small businesses need a better option than Altium, PADS, or EAGLE.

0 Kudos

Hi!

Most often what I want to do is scale a selection in a sketch down or up around its center. Having to pick a point as a reference often doesn't work and is annoying, requiring me to create one just for this purpose.

So either adding a check box (and the settings of it should be remembered!)
or
have a center point appear (as normal snap assist) when you move the mouse over the sketch.

It would also be nice to be able to select say one of the corner points or edge center points in the same way.

9 Kudos

I'd like to be able to name revisions to show they're release versions.

example:

03 (automatically designated revision numbers according to current scheme)

A  (release version)

B (second release version)

....etc

Right now I have to manually record which of 20 auto-reved copies are my actual releasable parts, which is inconvenient.

0 Kudos
As the industry heads more and more in the direction of automation, I was just wondering/suggesting a fusion 360 environment simalar to CAM but for programming a robotic arm. It could be integrated into your assemblies as you design them and programmed right there to do the tasks they were intended for. We are a distributor for Universal Robots and while they are very easy to program by "hand" this method lacks pericision. Especially when interacting with other parts that you have designed and made in your assembly. Just a though guys! It would be awesome.
8 Kudos

Opacity control for Construction Planes would be useful.

Thanks,

s

9 Kudos

Currently when you'e in a sketch and you start the 2D offset command, the selection is lost with any middle click.  This occurs when you're panning or using the shift+middle click orbit shortcut.  

This is frustrating, especially when offsetting specific edges without the chain selection on a large profile.  Panning is essential to select all the desired edges.

0 Kudos

Currently, when I import an image into canvas, and then scale it, the scaling values are kept only until the command is exited. Then I calibrate, do some sketching, and realize this won't work. I go back to re-scale my image, and all the scale values are set back to 1, and not referenced to the original size. This requires me to keep track of all the scaling modifications I may have done on the fly.

It would be EXTREMELY useful for the scaling of the canvas to always reference the original image input, then display the current scale relative to the original image size. This way I don't have to keep track of all my steps along the way, it's just all relative to the starting point. 

7 Kudos

Fusion is using..I think USA standards. Europa has others, Russia, China, Africa has others..I'm writing about steal here..but for other materials it would be the same. Do you know about steal in Europe? S355 or S275..ever heard about DIN? I don't think so..It's European. Different of your using or Russian, African, Chinese or what ever.. Make free those choice to make "worldwide"! Without using Photoshop to correct what "others" need to use for being  "following" the rules. A little-bit of freedom worldwide would be a positive mater. And not even in steal..but all other materials can be used. It is important..sharing Fusion worldwide! Suggesting this: In having choices to make..give the opportunity to "fiil

out" others. Like in choose: make "other" possible..and you got the "world" behind you! Just a suggestion..but an important one..

Thanks.  

9 Kudos

Hi, this is a request to enable constrained orbit as an option when using 3D Connexion space mouse peripherals. 

While it is currently possible to set Fusion 360 to lock the horizon with constrained orbit, this setting doesn't carry over to the space mouse. Many users prefer the constrained orbit for design work as locking the horizon shows you your object as you would in the real world. You may notice a lot of users using an unconstrained orbit tool spend a lot of time rolling the camera around in order to get the horizon level.

This issue has been brought up a few times before:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/space-pilot-lock-axis/idi-p/5421537

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/lock-horizon-horizontally-for-orbit/m-p/6909...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/lock-horizon-in-fusion-360/td-p/6909876

4 Kudos

Will fusion adopt the content centre from Inventor as it would be great to have a fully integrated solution for fasteners and bearings etc. From looking at videos online it looks like you have to find or build fasteners individually then import them to create you own library. It would be great to have these fully implemented.

12 Kudos

We need the ability to design custom form tools with user defined profiles, such as endmills or step drills/reamers. The system should be able to display the tools form as well as the material removed when simulating. An option for lathe tools would be beneficial as well, such as user designed profile/boring bar with defined angles allowing the tool to be used on both sides of centerline when profiling. Competitor CAM systems have this ability and the lack of these features in Fusion have kept me from converting 100% for my CAM needs thus far

12 Kudos

Hello.

I suggest to merge all similar ideas entered here and add up their vote count. 

I wanted to suggest an idea, but found multiple posts already from previous users, each having some votes. But this is inefficient and people do not want to go vote for each of the several posted ideas to get it more visible, so it ends up on the bottom of the list eventually.

Merging them would reduce this clutter a lot and represent more true interest for the idea via combined vote counts. This way there will be one post/topic per idea and more attractive to voting.

Thank you!

6 Kudos

Mouse Pan

by New Member XLR82WIN Saturday |

Hi,

Would it be possible to configure the mouse for the following:

-to orbit when simultaneously clicking both the right and left mouse button

-pan when clicking the centre button (wheel)

-zoom in/out when scrolling

This would allow zoom, pan and orbit to occur with only mouse input.

1 Kudo

PLEASE!!! please fix the internal threading portion of the lathe cam, the fact that it practically dose not exist is unbelievably frustrating.

4 Kudos

This would be super awesome, as sometimes I just need to get a measurement or view some aspect of a model, hide somethings for clarification etc, but then don't want nor need to save it.

54 Kudos

Please add an option in "select same diameter" to UNCHECK or deselect certain holes!  We're running parts with hundreds of holes, but we need to exclude certain holes.  Short of changing CAD diameters to 'break' the select-same-diameter functionality, it's very time consuming.

7 Kudos

See these threads for some background:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/fitting-flat-head-screws-to-countersinks/td-...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/how-do-i-join-two-chamfered-surfaces-to-each...

What is needed is a way to use the theoretical vertex of cone shaped objects as a point of reference for modelling and joint alignment.  A simple use for this would be in joining flat head screws with countersunk holes, such that the screw head stays in contact with the countersink if the hole size or countersink diameter/depth are changed.  There are ways to do this now but none of them are very efficient.  There are potentially many other uses for this as well.

C|

0 Kudos

Start a design.

Design Stuff.

Save Design.

Share Design.

Change Design.

Save Design.

Try old link.

Not very helpful for sharing with clients. I want them to get one version, the version I shared. If I want to continue to improve those Designs, i shouldn't have to save that Design as a new Design.

At least I feel so.

7 Kudos

Can avoid catastrophe if you forget to check every part, and saves a lot of work.

Seems like it might be computationally demanding, but it didn't take all that long in I-DEAS, even with hundreds of parts.

1 Kudo

My previous CAD s/w would report the minimum distance between parts if no interference was detected.

I do this manually every time because just knowing there's no interference isn't enough; you have to have enough clearance to accommodate tolerances etc.

10 Kudos

I think it would quite handy and time saving to have Select Same Diameter as an option in the Bore cycle (2D Bore). Like the option in standard drill cycles. Make Life easier.

0 Kudos

I think it would quite handy and time saving to have Select Same Diameter as an option in the Bore cycle (2D Bore). Like the option in standard drill cycles. Make Life easier.

0 Kudos

Can somebody at AutoDesk please fix Print Studio.  I don't care if you don't add much needed new features but, can you get it to stop CRASHING! This software is way way below your standards.  Thanks for any assistance.

1 Kudo
How about introducing Injection & Compression mould simulation features from Moldflow over to Fusion 360 - Induction Heating - Controlled Valve Gate Opening - Best Gate Location & MOULD DESIGN!! (Although not technically a simulation feature - haha)

I think this kind of update to the simulation workspace is very much the logical step forward and would further elevate Fusion 360 in what it can do.

Just a quick shout out to the Fusion 360 team, I think you're all doing a great job. Fusion 360 really is getting better and better.

THANKS
5 Kudos

Use Parameters in Simulate Workspace

by Collaborator Josh.nelson on a week ago - last edited a week ago |

The ability to use parameters in Fusion 360 is a boon to us all. As others have, I would like to request parameter enhancements.  Currently one cannot use parameters in the simulation environment.  I would like to be able to do so.  I was working on a model yesterday that has a number of forces distributed along its length; it was frustrating to have to enter the values and do the math in another program and then transfer all of the values to Fusion.

Please add the ability to use parameters in the simulation environment!

15 Kudos

Drawing Exports

by Explorer avincens a week ago |

Drawings are getting better.  Still need:

1.  Export with finer line width or line width control

2.  Addition of Tables was great, now we need to be able to import an excel table or cntrl+c cntrl+v to base into the allotted columns/rows.

3.  Ability to edit whole table font/style not 1 cell at a time

4.  Import image into drawing

5.  Add another Fusion360 part/component/assembly to current drawing for reference, or mate or family drawing (think LH + RH)

6.  Title Block editing...needs improvement, customization, modification within fusion or more default tamplates that are scalable with other drawing sizes.  I spent the time to re-create my Solidworks Title block in 2D DXF and DWG, but it is only one size in Fusion...ok for D size but way to big for B size sheet.

7.  IMPROVE STABILITY WHEN WORKING IN DRAWINGS

Thank you Fusion Team for Listening to these forums and keep upgrading!

6 Kudos

Hard Copy

by Community Visitor matthew.zia a week ago |

How about a button where you can print off a hard copy quickly so you can scribble a few ideas in pencil on it before deciding how you want to approach something, I'm sorry if this already exists somewhere but i'm well over 60 and new to fusion. Plus I know pencils are old fashioned but I still use one.

0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

The new multi sheet feature in Fusion 360 is great, but.

I don't see any way to move views already created on one sheet that is too crowded and move them to another sheet. Inventor allows views to be dragged between sheets including projected views.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Dave

10 Kudos

Capture d’écran 2017-03-15 à 16.34.27.png

I am creating special materials for faces and parts with specific names. It would be much easier for me to find them if they were listed with text rather than hover over them to have the name appearing.

This would be a great time saving when attributing the materials.

1 Kudo

It would be great to prompt the user with an "Are you sure" before commencing with the PLAY all history feature in the timeline.  I've been stuck waiting too many times because I've hit the button by accident.   I have a project compiling as I type this feature request ;)

Thank you

7 Kudos

Thread 3D modeled

by Enthusiast yanouk73 a week ago |

I am using step to send parts for making, I try to eleminate the need for making 2D cad, it will be great if we can have a kind of counterbore input pre-hole, of a value, ex.: 0.5mm depth and if the thread ends that finish with the drilling hole diameter of ex. 0.5mm

This way, it will be easy to anybody that see the 3D modeled threaded hole to see the drilling diameter and the Thread centered diameter 9ex. an M4 will have a 0.5mm final hole that is 4mm dia), so instead of trying to find the center of the 3D thread (it's look off axis), the last 0.5mm depth will be 4mm x 0.5mm deep.

1 Kudo

I don't know if anyone noticed the amazing 3D wood textures. I use them almost exclusively given my trade, please consider allowing us to choose them as a default material in our preferences dialog.

Thank you,

Matt

10 Kudos

I work as an application engineer with an autodesk reseller . And during my pre sales demo I show the ability to see the section analysis in the browser for our fusion models in A360 . And some of my customers have repeatedly asked me the ability to simulate the toolpath already done in Fusion 360 in A360 and also have told that it will give a better idea to their higher hierarchies and their customers

simulate in A360.jpg

If you really like my kudo . Please hit Kudos

3 Kudos

The pipe feature is excellent, but in trying to design an exhaust system I found a major limitation. There is no ability to 'flare' the pipe diameter in certain areas. If the program was able to create a sculpt-able web of points on the pipe, which could then be manipulated in 3D space allowing for flaring of the pipe in certain areas. In designing two stroke exhausts this would be unbelievably helpful! See this video for the type of design work that otherwise has to be done (the video is on solidworks since that's the only example I could find)

2 Kudos

Very simple suggestion that would save a lot of time.

Add a CAM ACTIONS menu item that would repeat the last Post Process.  Provide a shortcut (accelerator) key

*** Do NOT show the Post Process screen

*** Do NOT show the file screen

*** Auto replace the previous post file

Display a transient message  "Post File replaced"

6 Kudos

So I just discovered that while I'm sketching a section to construct a feature I can not dimension an edge of my sketch to an existing construction place (one that is oriented normal to my sketching plane thus showing as a line).  This is unbelievable.  What if I wanted to designate that plane as a datum to locate other features?  then I could move multiple features that reference that datum by simply moving the datum/plane.  Please add the ability to locate off of construction planes.

1 Kudo

Yes,

I've been a design engineer for 25 years now and one thing that is critical are Datum planes.  All features should be located relative to a datum structure.  It would be very helpful if a construction plane could be designated as a Datum plane with a tag attached to it and have it showing on the screen.  I'm at a loss why this isn't already standard operating procedure.  These datums plane could then just be shown on a drawing instead of having to create them manually.  Datum Targets for castings, forgings etc., would also be really helpful.

9 Kudos

Engraving text

by Participant fuso152 a week ago |

It would be great if there were a CAM option in 2D tracing or 2D engraving whereby the tool could follow the center of the font, rather than running around its perimeter. The result would be akin to stick fonts. This option is available in SolidCam for SolidWorks.

8 Kudos

Stick fonts

by Participant fuso152 a week ago |

I'd like to use fonts with zero width, in order to engrave them without tracing the outline. 

5 Kudos

when using the auto dimension command I can not callout the stored thread information. If the threads are added with the tool, they should auto note the thread information in a 2d print.

8 Kudos

Long time Inventor user, reccently started messing around with Fusion to try and get ahead of the "curve", assuming that its the future of CAD design.

One thing that frustrates me with Autodesk products, and I say this without hyperbole, is that they are hands-down the worst CAD platforms when it comes to any sort of robust tolerance analysis, either natively or through 3rd party add-ins, amongst the major CAD platforms. With the other platforms I can get:

NX - Technomatix/VSA (Seimens), 3DCS (3rd party from Dimensional Control Systems)

Catia - Cetol 6-sigma (3rd party from Sigmetrix), 3DCS

Solidworks - Cetol, 3DCS

Creo - Cetol, 3DCS

which can stochastically analyze designs in 3 dimensions. Some of these, such as VSA and 3DCS, and also even link with FEA data to provide even more robust design outputs, allowing one to analyze designs as functions of both tolerance and physical effects such as deformation ,thermal expansion, etc.

I think its great that Autodesk has an eye on modeling machining processes, performing FEA, and improving visual qualtiy of 3D models, but lets not put the cart before the horse - without tolerance analysis, none of these things really matter because you can't verify that you can actually build them in the real world. Even if you could build them, how do you intelligently design for cost optimization without tolerance analysis? You can't.

So frustrated by this lack of capability, I contacted 3DCS about making us ("Us" being a major player in the healthcare industry and a fortune 500 company) an add-in for Inventor of thier analysis software (they currently make it for everyone BUT Inventor), and they were open to the idea, but in the end we couldn't purchase enough seats to make it fiscally viable for them (we currently use their stand-alone, CAD neutral platform). My point is, there are companies willing to take on this challenge, they just need to know its worth their time and development costs.

So I implore the good folks at Autodesk - stop worrying about making things look pretty on a screen. Start worrying about making things work in the real world, and incorporate, or partner up with someone to provide, 3D tolerance analysis capabilities in your software.

1 Kudo

Hello,

as you improve the drawing enviroment (thank's for that, appreciate it very much) I now come to the point, where I start to use the drawings to fully describe the parts/assemblies also in regard to the finish/imprints.

As decals/imprints are very often present on parts, it would be very convinient to show rendered pictures of the parts inside the drawings.

Currently I can insert one picture using the title block insert picture feature. But this is only one picture and positioning is a bit inconvenient. However, I found, that pictures of the final product help to understand how the final part shall be like. It is great that now multiple drawing sheets can be used. So for me, more pictures, showing the finished part, would be great and as written, will help the person who looks at the drawings to get a complete idea of the final part and finish at a glance.

Thank's for improving Fusion.

Regards,

Rainer

13 Kudos

broken out section view

by Explorer maarten.moortgat on 2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago |

It would be nice to make a broken out section view from a sketch.

brokenOutSection.jpg

7 Kudos

Dovetail cut

by Explorer enovin 2 weeks ago |

It should be allowed to apply negative taper angle to cut multiple depth contour (pocket) with dovetail mill. As it is setup now (negative angle is not allowed) there is no good simple strategy to cut dovetail slot. Having this option - negative taper for dovetail mill will greatly simplfy programing of the toolpath.

2 Kudos

I like this feature but. . .

The maximum settings seem arbitrary. Not every user's needs match what has been coded in as a maximum for the various settings.

This cap should be removed or raised substantially. Users should be able to determine their own max surface deviation, normal deviation, edge length, and aspect ratio.

Conversely, the maximum edge length can be set so low that the user interface will completely freeze while the program is calculating a very large number of faces. It may be better to provide a warning past a reasonable threshold (probably based on a percentage of the overall model size) giving the user the option to continue, or abort to the previous setting. This issue can be particularly troublesome if 'Preview Mesh' is enabled and the user accidentally drags the 'maximum edge length' slider too low. -Thanks!

Brep to Mesh.PNG

1 Kudo

I have forgotten my password and I need to reset to a more memorable password. who do I need to contact before I log out.

0 Kudos

Can we please make a shortcut to snap to normal or home views created by the user in Fusion 360 CAM (and CAD)?

Other CAM software that I am familiar with has a function to manage home views created by the user with tabs always visible at the bottom of the screen.

You merely click on the tabs and the view immediately snaps to a prior saved "bookmark". As it snaps the "set-up" (work offset or plane) desired also changes to the associated setting.

Manipulating the little cube at the top right of the screen is terribly inefficient (and frustrating). 

Thanks for your time, and please vote for this idea.

0 Kudos

Can we please make a shortcut to snap to normal or home views created by the user in Fusion 360 CAM (and CAD)?

Other CAM software that I am familiar with has a function to manage home views created by the user with tabs always visible at the bottom of the screen.

You merely click on the tabs and the view immediately snaps to a prior saved "bookmark". As it snaps the "set-up" (work offset or plane) desired also changes to the associated setting.

Manipulating the little cube at the top right of the screen is terribly inefficient (and frustrating). 

Thanks for your time, and please vote for this idea.

23 Kudos

It would be nice to dimension threaded holes in drawings.

For example in a drawing of an M6 hole, there is no thread pictured in the drawing and the only way to dimension it, is to manually write "M6" in the Dimension-field.

Also it would be nice to picture modelled threaded holes in the drawing with core hole diameter and outside diameter and not with a sketched thread profile.

This is on our list of projects to get done this year. We'll keep you posted on our progress. 

3 Kudos

Sorry about the title, not sure what to call it.

When viewing someone's shared A360 file (they sent you a link), there is the option to download the file, 

but you have to wait for the 'cloud' to generate it and send a link.

An option to save to your own A360 account would save a lot of waiting and your AutoDesk apps would have 'instant' access,

which would otherwise require downloading and then uploading....

1 Kudo

When using INSPECT>COMPONENT COLOR CYCLING TOGGLE,  with complex assemblies, different components often are assigned the same color, causing difficulty in interpreting the assembly when these parts overlap.  An associated issue is that for people with partial color blindness, some color combinations appear with little or no color difference.

I propose that the INSPECT COLOR  feature allow the user the manually override colors of individual components and bodies and select a more suitable color from a palate of a dozen or so colors that are wide-ranging in hue.  THANKS