Implemented

find in browser

cekuhnen
New Idea
34 Kudos

Quick-Save Button

by Enthusiast Kircher.Engineering a month ago |

Hello!

In my opinion it would be useful to have a quicksave button which does not create a new version.

Its annoying to loose the past 10 minutes after a crash. And fusion crashes very often.

So please consider a a new quicksave button which updates the version without creating a new one.

Another benifit is to prevent uncontrolled growth of the versions.

best regards from Germany

Kircher

18 Kudos

Export as 3D PDF

by Explorer Kyle.Maguire90 4 weeks ago |

Exporting files to 3D PDF would be an excellent addition to FUSION 360's native functions as it allows designs to be shared and presented anywhere with a tablet.  This is particularly helpful when working in the field or discussing a design with a machinist or other craft on a shop floor vs an office.  The 3D PDF Format also allows design models to then be embedded in electronic reports.

19 Kudos

Sorting of details

by Explorer jkl886Q5AZ a month ago |

1_5254f782e59595254f782e5997.jpgvc-tuning_engine_tuning__0.jpgimage004.pnginside-placeholder-1391365786-zapchasti.jpgScreenshot_25.png

Hi. Sometimes it is necessary to spread out all details of assembly to a table. Unfortunately it takes a lot of time and there is a problem: details don't remember an arrangement relatively each other. If I change parameters of the project, then details begin to be imposed at each other and it is difficult beautiful to spread out them. There has to be easier way to spread out details on a table, it is possible even to do it automatically sorting them by the size or volume or still somehow. It is possible to display them automatically nearby on a spiral or one after another. Thank you for your work

17 Kudos

Ribbon ustomization

by Advocate Ezekiel12 a month ago |

Hi,

could you let us please customise the ribbon a bit more? I think that the "One row ribbon" is not really great. Almost everyone that is used to use Inventor or different CAD use either key shortcuts or they have customised the ribbon to reach all tools as quick as possible.

In Fusion you have only one row of the tools. In other CADs like Inventor, you can have more. One complain that I hear most at training is that all tools are really hidden and you need to too many steps to get to them. And there is not even a good way to customise keyboard shortcuts. 

Do you see that difference? From one window view? Inventor (on top) and Fusion? How many tools I can see without unrolling some other tools? 

InventorRibbon.PNG

FusionRibbon.png

I know... There is this Toolbox in Fusion. BUT I don't actually think that is THAT useful. Proper availability to customise key shortcuts or ribbon would be actually much more useful. 

So... please :) 

Thx and have a nice day in Autodesk.

Matt

Thanks for your submission. We have plans around introducing tabbed workspaces/environments instead of providing multiple-row ribbon. Custom shortcut key mapping is something we're investigating. If you feel like things are too hidden, you can use the S key to build out your custom toolboxes. 

http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/quick-tip-the-s-key/

17 Kudos

Currently, the 2D Chamfer tool won't work correctly in scenarios with modelled chamfers, if at all. That's not a problem for deburring sharp edges, but it would be nice if it could support modelled chamfers too. This would eliminate the need to specify a chamfer width, and would mean that you could use the benefits of the tool clearance smarts.

2DChamfer.jpg

Thanks for your idea! We definitely feel you and agree with this idea. The challenge is how our software is set up and is very difficult to make the work well. It's not a small project and we'd like to tackle it but we have some higher priority projects we'd like to knock out this year. We'll keep you posted on our progress. 

14 Kudos

If sketch lines are oriented horizontally or vertically, when dimensions are applied to them, that dimensions are also will be horizontal or vertical. So, if I rotate the sketch profile, all such dimensions become wrong. And I have to delete them and reapply aligned dimeansions manually to restore correct shape.

f360_dimension_suggestion.png

I suggest to add ability to manually change alignment attributes for dimension lines. For example, add corresponding context menu (like it's done for "Toggle Driven"):

f360_dimension_menu_suggestion.png  f360_dimension_menu_suggestion2.png

Also, it would be great to have "Default Dimensions Alignment" settings somewhere in Preferences. Where I could choose between "Horizontal / Vertical" (parallel to axis, as it behaves currently) and "Aligned" (parallel to line, as I would like to see).

15 Kudos

There should be an option for word  spacing of Letter as well as Horizontal and Vertical in Text Environment. Gap between letter is constant and is not vary constantly. Add more option for Horizontal spacing and Vertical Spacing in Text Environment.16709517_1881838588727494_1387131506_o.pngccc.JPG

Thanks for the idea! We're currently focusing on higher priority projects. We are also planning on allowing better interoperability between Adobe products (Illustrator for example) and Fusion 360.  

29 Kudos

Revolve along path

by Participant eddelbeck January |

Hi there,

I'm missing a command like the one in Rhino: "RailRevolve": a line/curve is revolved around an axis along a path (two sketches needed).

RailRevolve.jpg

I tried it in Fusion360 in the PATCH environment as a sweep but didn't work. Any other solutions? Otherwise I am greatfull if that could be added!

PATCH Sweep.jpg

Regards

15 Kudos

Equation Editor for Parameters Dialogue Box

by Explorer edreisch on January - last edited January |

Having an equation editor in the parameter dialogue box would be incredibly useful.  The linear style of typing equations is insufficient for accurately entering complex mathematical expressions. 

While designing a crank-rocker four bar linkage and specifying the length of its coupler link, I found that correctly sorting out parenthesis errors took nearly as long as deriving the equation for the length of that coupler!  Having the ability to type expressions as they might be written by hand (especially for fractions and exponents) would save time, increase clarity, and avoid mistakes for the designer.

Formatted Equation.PNG

Parameters Dialogue Box.PNG    

This is something we'd like to get to eventually, but it is a ways out. In the mean time, we recommend you use that add-in app. We'll keep the community updated on our progress. 

17 Kudos

The Architectural/Feet-Inch unit is available for models but is missing from Drawings of those models. All units that Fusion 360 supports should be available in Drawings.

Thanks for your idea! We have this in our backlog but not sure when we are going to get to this since we have higher priority projects currently in the works. Since we aren't confident of when this will happen, we are archiving this idea for now. 

13 Kudos

I think it's nice that, Blender's view direction's shortcut keys layout.
(Blender is popular CG software.)

I hope so that, Fusion360 have shortcut keys of view direction like Blender.

blender_view_short_cut_keys1.jpgblender_view_short_cut_keys2.jpg

Thanks for the idea - we've captured this request but are currently focusing on higher priority projects. Since we don't have a good sense of timing around keyboard shortcut enhancements, we are archiving this idea for now. 
@JBerns you can change your mouse behavior to Inventor or SolidWorks under your preferences. 

22 Kudos

The standard for all Macintosh applications is to live in the /Applications folder.

For reasons I don't really get, Fusion lives in 

/Users/sanguish/Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/webdeploy/production/46a680c5cfca2e2c13d4766c80f740b5d7b8fd81/Autodesk\ Fusion\ 360.app 

This is about as non-standard as it gets. Why?

And in that production directory there are at last a dozen copies of fusion that won't work that take up 40Mb each. This is a horrible waste. And I have no idea what can be removed.

This needs cleanup ASAP.

We offer Fusion on mac in 2 ways. The first one is the download from our site that installs to the user profile location so that it can update itself. The second way is via Mac App store which installs to /Applications and is kept up-to-date via the app store.

Over 2 years ago, there used to be a lag between the update to the .com version and the one on the mac app store. That lag is small enough to not matter any more.

If you like the install to /Applications, please get the app from the MAS. Your entitlements and settings will carry over seamlessly.

Thanks,

Bankim

16 Kudos

Be able to move folders

by Enthusiast roberto January |

If everything was synced locally as a dropbox folder then one would be able to move and organise files 100x faster.
Right now I noticed I cannot move subfolder to a new location.

We are working on something call Autodesk Drive which will be similar to what you are asking for but not exactly the same. I'm archiving this for now. Please open a new idea once you have had a chance to explore autodesk drive in the next few months.

Are you moving the data between projects and do you own both projects? If one of the projects are actually owned by others, this is blocked by design today.

Thanks,

Bankim

18 Kudos

Couldn't this hot key serve double duty based on the mode one's in when typing it?

16 Kudos

Fusion 360

by Explorer S3Custom January |
After yet another workday/work hour server outage, I think it would be a great time to add a (perhaps optional) local autosave archive. It KILLS workflow when the file you need is inaccessible in the cloud. Local export of files is possible, but painfully slow and cumbersome.

Thanks for your idea! We're working on a project that lets you choose while projects you want to make available offline. You can read more about it here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/this-is-what-we-re-doing-about-these-outages/...

13 Kudos

With a cylinder primitive I can only extrude into one direction - that is limiting when for example you need symmetry.Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 7.19.29 AM.png

With a sketch as a start and then extruding it I can extrude into both directions.

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 7.19.14 AM.png

So ideally the primitive should grow into both directions.

Currently I would need to extrude the other side by as much as I defined the length of the cylinder

adding an additional modeling feature to the timeline.

In this case, we recommend users to start with sketch instead of primitives. We currently have no plans to improve primitives and are focusing on higher priority projects. 

18 Kudos

Apply Button in various commands dialog boxes

by Advisor Beyondforce on ‎12-24-2016 08:14 PM - last edited on ‎12-24-2016 08:42 PM |

Hi Guys,

Adding an Apply button to various commands dialog boxes, will allow us to keep using the tool instead of reopening it over and over again.

2016-12-25_050956.png2016-12-25_051016.png2016-12-25_051036.png

Cheers / Ben
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Check out my YouTube channel: Fusion 360: Newbies+

Thanks for your idea. You can do this today by doing a right-click and drag up. This activates the repeat command, but when used in the middle of a command, it acts as the apply action. See the gif for a better idea. 

apply action.gif

14 Kudos

When using the 2D > Engrave tool in the CAM workspace, generated paths are very far from optimal.  Some paths result in 90%+ unnecessary movement.  This is most obvious when engraving text.

I make some simple signs with names on them.  Below is a small screenshot of part of the tool path (I don't want to include names, so I can create another screenshot with generic text if needed). Just for some perspective on the cost, the word "Always" is about 5 inches long and the body is roughly 30 inches.  Each time it does an unnecessary movement, it's not just a little movement, it's traveling in some cases 20 inches just to come back to where it was!

Let me summarize the movements below (sorry if i missed any):

1. In the word Always, it enters on the y
  2. Goes off and does another letter y on the other side of the body 
  3. Returns to Always and engraves the comma
  4. Moves up to the letter l (L) and engraves it
  5. Goes off and does a letter L on the the other side of the body, followed by another letter near that one
  6. Moves down PAST Always, to another word, engraves one letter
  7. Moves up PAST Always to another word engraves one letter
  8. Moves up to Always, engraves the letter A
  9. Moves down to another word engraves one letter
  10. Moves back to Always and engraves A followed by W (enters W from the middle...)
  11. Engraves the letter S

Please optimize these movements, or provide us with a method to optimize them manually.

Thank you so much! 

toolpaths.PNG

P.S.  I love Fusion, this is just my one gripe!

20 Kudos

Import while offline

by Participant h.touzot on ‎12-08-2016 12:13 AM

With all this disturbing event like this one now, it could be really useful to allow importing files while fusion is OFFline or server down....

I say this because my business HAVE TO STOP since 2 days waiting your UPDATE !

Thanks,

Hugues 

Hey there, archiving this idea since we've captured your ask and are looking at ways to how we can do this in the near future. Did Bankim's comment help? 

18 Kudos

Doubleclick tree item (to rename) > backspace key deletes the item, not the text

by Participant DubManufacturing on ‎12-03-2016 04:47 PM - last edited on ‎12-03-2016 04:50 PM |

When I'm trying to rename items in the Tree, if I doubleclick a sketch for example, it enters into the rename box. If I then press the backspace key to remove the default text, it deletes the sketch/body/component, etc. If I'm in the rename function it should be fairly obvious that I dont want to delete the actual item, but rather just the text. Its mildly infuriating to be trying to quickly label things and have to Ctrl+Z it back into existence all the time! Can this be changed to be more intuitive?

Archiving this because it is a bug that will be fixed in the next update. 

12 Kudos

When adding the first dimension, the cursor has the little dimension icon on it, as usual.  But once you've entered the value for that dimension and you hit enter, the dimension tool is still active (which is a good thing) but the cursor icon is no longer there (which isn't).  Seems like a bug!

599748575e754770b3c690f382a624a3

I'm on Windows 7 Professional SP1, if that matters.

Thanks for reporting - we're looking into this. In the future, if you think you found a bug, please post in the forum and not the IdeaStation. 

31 Kudos

APPLY Button for CAM operations

by Enthusiast macca5 on ‎10-07-2016 01:14 AM

An APPLY button when configuring CAM operations would make altering settings much more efficient.

For example, if your are altering tool step over or number of finishing cuts it would be better to click APPLY to see the results and not OK and then have to reopen the operation to re-edit.

fusion.JPG

I need to archive this one.  While there is a "User story" here with a workflow that needs to be improved as noted by the votes.

However, this particular solution to the problem does not align with the fusion workflows.

We will continue to provide an instant preview in cases where that is possible.  We will also continue to improve the previews of the end result for more complex toolpath calculations.

11 Kudos

Stop Sketch by double-clicking in empty space

by Participant echer80111 on ‎12-27-2016 04:38 PM - last edited on ‎12-27-2016 04:39 PM |

I would like to be able to exit the sketch I am editing by double clicking in empty space.  I may be biased as a long-time Solidworks user, but I find that it makes my workflow more streamlined if I can get into and out of sketches with a simple double-click.

Thanks!  -Eitan

Thanks for your idea. We've captured this request but don't have plans to move forward with it any time soon, hence we are archiving it. 

6 Kudos

I have seen reference to this request elsewhere in threads that are marked Implemented, but this feature is still missing.  Auxiliary Views always appear as first angle projection - this is not the norm in many companies drawing standards or industries.  If implemented, the default method: First or Third Angle should also be in the user preferences, as well as selectable in the Edit View dialogue or set as part of the Drawing Sheet properties.  

Hi @wilwyn, I'm archiving this because this functionality already exists through the Preferences panel. You have to choose a standard first, then you can override all the settings of the standard, including first or third angle projection preferences.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 12.37.14 PM.png

18 Kudos

Toolbar Sync

by Explorer dtbrough on ‎11-19-2016 02:24 AM

The ability to sync toolbar layout would be useful. I use fusion 360 across 3 different machines and I have to manually reset the toolbars (icon location) if I change machine or reinstall.

This looks to be an regression issue since it used to work. This was previously the case where your custom toolbars are saved within your user preferences. I'm archiving this and the team is looking into the issue. 

15 Kudos

G0 G1 G2 would be nice to have in the spreadsheet for loft or fillet

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 1.49.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-01 at 1.49.45 PM.png

Thank you for your idea Claas, I am changing this to archived due to a few things.  First is that we need to a good amount of work in parameters to enhance our parametric behaviors before this would become a priority and second I would like to consider a logic based format as a way to manipulate parameters instead of a spreadsheet.  I do like the intent of your idea and will be excited when when get to a point where we are exploring our options.

Regards,

Mike Prom

16 Kudos

This is a big problem when dealing with supplier. I usually send them a step file with a PDF drawing of the part and it confuses them to have the two files with different numbers.

Let say you send the Step-v8 with the Drawing-v5 for a quote and then you send them revised files for the making that are Step-V12 and Drawing-V8, one could think that the New Drawing actually goes to the old Step.

The model version is important to keep going right but the version of a blueprint does not matter as much by itself so it would a lot easier to manage files if the print number matches the model or part number.

For now I loose my time to make them match manually before I send them to suppliers.

We feel you. The solution to this is Fusion Lifecycle, our PLM counterpart. As both products mature, you will start to see a tighter and tighter integration between the two, which will alleviate a lot of your headaches. We've captured this and will make sure the Lifecycle team is aware of your challenges. 

25 Kudos

Multiple windows

by Advocate friesendrywall on ‎10-06-2016 06:11 AM

It is 2016, I use two monitors, many other cad programs support multiple open windows.  Since this one is archived, lets try again.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/support-multiple-windows-with-multip...

Thank you for your idea, due to the architecture we use we don't plan to invest in multi-document support in the near future.

Regards,

Mike Prom

14 Kudos

DM: Nested Holes and rename

by Advisor on ‎11-28-2016 09:05 PM

Currently Fusion doesn't group similar hole feature requiring updating a group of similar sized holes a chore, as the user is required to update it 1 by 1.

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 11.33.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 11.33.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 11.33.31 AM.png

It will be great if Fusion DM environment allows same holes to be grouped/nested together. So you sort of have a parent-child relationship where updating the parent will update all the child. Something like how Threads allow us to edit thread

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 11.35.19 AM.png

There's however a slight different in my suggestion and in some way I think it's better then the threads way of doing things

I hope this picture will do a good explanation of it, feel free to post a comment to clarify or ask more questions about it:

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 1.03.27 PM.png

16 Kudos

Tons of good ideas get posted and buried because Ideastation shows «popular» by default (so most people coming here completely miss most things)

Simple fix: make the default to show «recent» rather than «popular»

27 Kudos

Often when working in metric, I need to specify a feature in imperial fractional dimension.

It would be great if I could just enter it into the dimension dialog with standard unit short hand.

For example:    3/16"   should be an acceptable entry when working in mm:

three sixteenths.png

Thank you for your idea, this is getting changed to achieve because the solution that Maritza provided was accepted as a solution.

Regards,

Mike Prom

15 Kudos

In certain cases, edges on my designs are not always aligned to the origin axes. "Look at" allows me to rotate the model to align with a face, but what about an edge. In the image shown below, I want to be able to rotate the view until the edges of the parts are precisely horizontal, and then re-align the view cube, but I can't. It would be nice if I could use the "Look At" tool and then click an edge, to rotate the view to have that edge horizontal.

Align.jpg

Thank you for your idea! We have the intent of this idea captured but are not sure when we'll be able to get to it since we have a lot of projects in our backlog that have higher priority. Cheers! 

3 Kudos

branching is pretty cool for exploring ideas and variations

but at a certain point the idea tree can get pretty filled

so it would be not a bad idea of branches that are not needed anymore can be removed

obviously this means that everything that connects to that branch later will go but I am more

talking about end point ideas that were not further refined.

Hey Claas, thanks for the idea, but i see that you've already posted this in the Preview Functionality forum. The team has this captured so if there are any ideas or feedback you have around deleting branch, please engage with the group on that forum. They are the ones who can improve the functionality. Thanks! 

13 Kudos

Speed up the forums

by Advocate friesendrywall on ‎10-31-2016 07:47 AM

The forum is so slow, can we enhance this?

Yes, we are aware of this and are trying to improve the performance and speed of the forums. We've been experiencing some weird issues where we're working on fixing. 

18 Kudos

Build Fusion for Ubuntu

by Explorer dubstar-04 on ‎09-23-2016 01:34 PM

Fusion is the best CAD Cam software I have ever used and it would be amazing if it worked on Ubuntu which is the best OS. 

We do not plan to build a Linux native client. However we are working on a browser access point for Fusion and that will work on any WebGL enabled browser (see http://projectleopard.com/ for a very early stage preview) and we see that as the way forward for Linux users.

Thanks,

Bankim

11 Kudos

Sketch colour options

by Explorer trevorRYS54 on ‎11-09-2016 10:59 AM

It would be great to be able to change the colour of a complete sketch, I often have a couple of sketches on various planes and use them as reference. The problem is that I battle to distinguish between the sketches.

Thanks,

Trevor

Thanks for your idea. We currently don't have plans to assign colors to individual sketches, but I have captured the issue here and will address it as we improve the sketching experience. It's best practice to keep the number of individual sketches you create at a minimum in your browser. When you click on the sketch entity in the browser, the sketch should highlight in the design space. 

2 Kudos

undo/redo what?

by Advocate tomae February |

A basic UI request.   Put the last/next command after Undo/Redo in the Edit menu.  

If one hits the undo command more than once it would be nice to be able to look under the Edit menu and see Undo: Line, or Redo: Insert into Current Design or whatever the last/next commands are...  This saves one from hitting the keys multiple times to see if you undid or redid what you think you did....

You can also right click, hold, and drag left or right and let go to undo and redo. 

290 Kudos

Linux

by Contributor Jacqui51 on ‎10-17-2013 02:39 PM

You need to produce Fusion 360 for Linux/Ubuntu.

Hey all, 

Thank you for all your comments and enthusiasm around this topic. I can assure you that we’ve wholeheartedly read through all your comments and have been taking this topic very seriously. I’d like re-iterate that ideas on the IdeaStation is one of the many channels we engage with you, and we have to take into account requirements coming from other channels (meet-ups, 1:1 interviews, sales team, evangelists, customer advisors).

Although some ideas (like this one) have a large number of votes, it does not guarantee it’s implementation. So to be perfectly clear and transparent: a Linux based version of Fusion 360 is not in our product strategy, neither is a completely offline version of Fusion 360. The reason why we marked this Future Consideration is because we are developing a browser-based version of Fusion 360 that should be OS agnostic. You should be hearing news about this soon in our forum and various social channels. As @schniek noted in a previous thread, we hope a browser based experience will be a solution to this need once it matures. I am archiving this to reduce confusion.

Cheers, 

Keqing and the Fusion 360 team

14 Kudos

Local controlled storage of files

by Explorer photo on ‎10-07-2016 08:35 AM

I love your program, and I have AutoCAD for Mac and Maya. I like Autodesk. I use a Mac for everything but SolidWorks, but the file management is so important to me, that I'm willing to buy an expensive PC workstation and pay the subscription for SolidWorks even though I hate Windows almost as much as I hate SolidWorks. Your scheme to back up locally is a joke: you have to do it every time you save a file. And I should not have to go on line and wait for ever to view a folder full of STEP files or whatever. I have Verizon FiOS business class in my office and sometimes it takes forever to upload and download these files. I can't imagine trying it in a factory in China where the connections range from sparse to nonexistent. I'm guessing some greedy executive at AutoDesk is more concerned about selling us disk space down the road than giving us what we need. This of course makes me reluctant to buy anymore Autodesk products

10 Kudos

snap to centermark in drawings

by Contributor Pontooon on ‎11-08-2016 02:00 PM

While dimensioning a drawing, the cursor highlights the crossbars of the centermark, and not the actual center point of the centermark. I don't think the center bars are useful typically when dimensioning. The centerpoint would serve better. centermark.png

I propose making the dimension tool snap to the center of the centermark. 

25 Kudos

I love Fusion 360 - but am feeling some major heartburn as I'm trying to do more involved 2D parametric designs.

Simple things we take for granted like being able to declutter the display by hiding stuff like dimensions, being able to put things on different layers (again, so I can declutter) - are lacking in Fusion 360. Having a clutter display, and then not being able to see what's going on doesn't make for a fun time trying to look through a ratsnest of stuff to try to figure out errors I'm getting with constraints - none of which are very well-spelled-out - even after using text commands to try to find things.

I find myself getting desperate and doing things like "Maybe I'll draw it in AutoCAD, then import this piece into F360" - or even wanting to draw something in Inkscape just to get a simple shape in.

Long story short - F360 really needs to work well as a solid 2D, parametric design tool in order to have that be a stepping-point for 3D designs. I'm not talking anything fancy - just some of the standard, old-school basics. 

Thank you for your idea, I want to be very clear that I am changing this idea to archived due to the part of the request to have layers and the reference of drawing it in AutoCAD.  I strongly agree that our parametric workflows need to be improved and have put together a strategy with the team on our prioritization to do so.  Currently we are working on taking fully constrained out of preview, CV splines and other core sketch tools.  The goal is to not simply copy what has been done in the past, but take what we have learned and create a improved experience for our customers.  Because of this we have chosen to take our 3D solver and build in 2D instead of licensing the 2D solver.  The advantage is the we do not have an additional 3D solver like other 3D CAD tools.  This involves some more work upfront, but I feel the payoff will be worth it to push the limits on creating the best sketch experience for our users.  Can you provide a list of your top "old-school basics" that would improve your workflow.  I use feedback from users to help influence priorities.

Thank you,

Mike Prom

14 Kudos

Currently I have to make 2 versions of every sketch that goes to a Laser cutter, because construction lines will come in as cut lines, If I have to make changes It really slows down the workflow.

@Hollywoodcolor,

If you haven't turned on the preview for water jet/laser/router, please do.  You have two options for sending your designs to machines if you want more control over what is exported.  One option is to create the passes in CAM and export the G-Code to the machine and the other is to use the dxf export inside of CAM.  

Regards,

Mike Prom

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 1.12.14 PM.png

14 Kudos

UI - Customizable bottom toolbar

by Enthusiast pawelzwronek on ‎09-26-2016 04:41 AM

IDEA: Bottom toolbar(just above timeline) is customizable like upper main ribbon.

BENEFIT: Faster access to most used actions like changing from shaded to wireframe view or Camera from mixed to only perspective or orto.

IMPLEMENTATION: Same as main ribbon. Small down arrow next to text.

ideastation1.png

Thanks for your idea! We have this captured and will be looking at this in the future. Currently we are focusing on higher priority projects like sheet metal. Also, it looks like @pawelzwronek has provided a nice add-in that should meet your needs. 

11 Kudos

Section hatch pattern per body.

by Mentor on ‎10-21-2016 08:46 AM

The section colour is based on the component colour so 2 bodies in one component look the same. How about changing the hatch angle on a per body basis to get around this problem?

before.png

Mark

22 Kudos

Tangent Display

by Advocate mark2t on ‎07-15-2016 08:45 AM - last edited on ‎07-15-2016 08:54 AM |

I would like to see an option under Display Settings for setting edges that are tangent to each other as dotted or phantom lines, much as SolidWorks does. I have this set in SW all the time and is a sure tell that edges that I've intended to be tangent are tangent, and if they are showing up solid, they need my attention to see what happened.

Thank you for your idea, this is being changed to archived due to the workflow this idea solves.  Also if the edges are made using fillet they are going to always be tangent and you have the curvature combs for sketches.

Regards,

Mike Prom

33 Kudos

Improve versioning system

by Participant office on ‎04-28-2016 07:12 AM

Saving and creating new versions should be changed and separated. I think current solution when you save design and Fusion will automatically create a new version isn't good since versions are useful tool to go back and do revisions. Current behaviour will cause a lot of versions over small changes (or no changes at all if you for example click "Edit Sketch" and exit it without doing anything and then save) which is not useful.

What I would propose is the system where you save a file and Fusion will ask you if you want to create a new version from it (add an option like "Save as a new version"). That way it will save changes to current version by default (Ctrl+S) and if you want you can create a new version (i.e. Ctrl+Shift+S), add description and then continue to work on it.

Given the discussion above, and the things being worked on as mentioned by @charegb, we are archiving this idea for future reference.

13 Kudos

Please add the ability to add constraints on a sketch to previous sketch entities.

Allowing a sketch to reference/constrain to a previous sketch allows for an initial layout sketch to drive subsequent features without having to extrude a shape initially. 

It would also allow references to parts of an early sketch prior to being modified by new features (i.e. pick up the corner vertex even after a fillet has been applied).

The existing sketches are visible and clickable when making a new sketch, but constraints can't be made between the current sketch and the existing sketch.

zz.png

Mark,

Thank you for the help on this one, archiving due to the solution provided.

Mike

13 Kudos

Timeline alternative, please?

by Contributor tima123d on ‎09-24-2016 02:59 PM - last edited on ‎09-24-2016 03:00 PM |

Editing complex projects requires finding items in the timeline.

In a large project, trying to find a particular entry can be quite difficult.

The tiny icons in the timeline provide no concept of which item is being edited until you highlight them with the mouse.
Although you can use right click options in the browser to find some things in the timeline, not everything can be found that way, and it is a very slow process.

Could we please have an alternative to the timeline that has text descriptions and nesting, more like the browser?

Thank you for your idea, the way we use the timeline is at the core of what we do to make certain workflows possible.  For this reason I am archiving this idea.  I have two suggestions of ways to have a smaller timeline. 1 make sure you activate the component that you are editing. 2 create components as separate files and then insert them into a different model, as a more traditional subassembly structure.

Regards,

Mike Prom

14 Kudos

Animation from Timeline

by Employee on ‎09-13-2016 12:33 PM

Everybody loves seeing how a design was created by clicking the play button in the timeline. It would be great to be able to save that out as an animation.

Can you provide some more detail around how you would use the animation? Are you referring to video format or an animation like the animation workspace? 

18 Kudos

Define the Orientation of a Sketch!

by Enthusiast Zero__ on ‎08-03-2016 02:56 PM

Have you ever sketched on a face or plane only for Fusion 360 to rotate the screen 90 degrees or 180 degrees to the orientation you actually want to sketch on? This happens to me all the time. In the picture below, I want to sketch on the highlighted face. In the orientation demonstrated. But when I select Sketch and then select the face, it automatically rotates by 90 degrees. It's very frustrating.

Before Fusion 360, I used NX/Unigraphics. There, when you selected a face to Sketch on, you had the ability to select the +X and +Y axes of your sketch. Note the drop down menu that says "Sketch Orientation".

So this was a nonissue, as I would simply select the horizontal and vertical edges as my x and y, and stay in the orientation I wanted. As far as I can tell, Fusion doesn't have this ability. So I'm constantly turning the sketch, but every time I try to recenter, or exit the sketch and re-enter, it's back to that default orientation. It's one of those things that seems small but is very irritating and really slows me down.

Please consider this! Thank you.

Thank you for your idea.  This is getting archived due to the request to define the origin of a sketch.  We have work in our back log to improve our "look at" function that is used when you edit and or edit a sketch.  The work will improve how the view centers / fits to view, (the view will be centered on the geometry and not the origin).  We have also included improving the orientation, as you mention the sketch can rotate.  I hope that this solves the issue you are facing, again I am only archiving this due to the difference in how we are solving the problem.

Regards,

Mike Prom

10 Kudos

a "back" button for the McMaster insert tool

by Advocate maker9876 on ‎10-16-2016 02:53 AM

It's not uncommon for something like the following to occur:

I insert a 30mm stainless steel M6 socket bolt.

Then change my mind and decide to go for a 25mm one instead.

Re-open McMaster browser where it's still on the download page for the 30mm step file.

Discover there is no way to get back to the previous page where it would have been easy to navigate to a 25mm one.

Have to restart the bolt search from the top.

A simple "back" button in the browser would fix this.

18 Kudos

Fusion needs to download files first so it is able to move them and then stream that back to the cloud?

Ah what?

It should rather be able to do online what you want and then match the new structure to the local data.

Imagine the designs are very large and I want to move 21 at once!

Hi Claas,

I suspect what you were actually experiencing here was, unfortunately, some back end server latency/downtime.  We do not actually bring your data local then re-upload to a  new location.  The behavior is as you would expect, select something to move, choose your destination and the move is handled server side.

The "downloading data" is actually just building the list of your data structure in that dialog and has been renamed to "Receiving data"  in the more recent builds. Hopefully "Receiving" is less confusing than "Downloading" here.

Now on the latency part, we are working on having more meaningful experiences when you encounter these latency issues so they become less obtrusive for your workflows and are at least communicating what's happening so you're not hanging around waiting for a spinning wheel.

Hope this helps.

11 Kudos

offline capabilities

by Enthusiast rupeebanana on ‎10-01-2016 10:52 AM

those who don't have 24*7 high speed internet excess, sometimes it is tedious to work on.

me and my fellow students and friends request for below features.

1) bulk export- to export whole project to pc at a time.

2)access to open local files.- means if we export file and then opens it back in offline mode, it give error, Error: Opening of local files is not supported!   then what is the point in exporting then.

3)cloud is great, but it should work as good as when there is no internet, because in INDIA internet access is limited.

4)make fusion offline compatible, because when we don't have internet excess, we use solidworks for work and then continue to work till project ends. then we convert it and upload it to fusion and it increases our work.

Thanks for your idea submission! There are multiple ideas in here. 
1) This is in our data management backlog, but is still a ways out. We hope to start working on this later next year. 
2) You can open local files without uploading to the data panel by going to File > New Design from File. We agree the wording is confusing, and have captured that we need to rename this to something more obvious (like just "Open"). 
3) There is work around providing something more like Google Drive/Dropbox, where you can upload data via your desktop in a familiar folder structure and have it sync with your A360 account. 

for more insight on our cloud reasoning, check out this post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/saving-a-project-locally/m-p/6323217#M55518

15 Kudos

Spacebar to use for repeat last command

by Advocate Ezekiel12 on ‎08-22-2016 04:58 AM

This is really usefull function in Autodesk Inventor. Can you please let us do it even in Fusion? :)

Thank you 

Thanks for your idea! We have this captured and will see what we can do with the spacebar as we continue to work on keyboard shortcut improvements. 

49 Kudos

same export options in Fusion like in A 360

by Mentor on ‎12-09-2015 12:40 PM

It is kinda redicilous that I have to go to a web site to order an export of a local file and wait till I get the download link email.

I can make STL from single parts so why not giving us finally the ability to also export DXF DWG and OBJ from all parts right from Fusion.

After all this are all formats AD uses.

Hello there, there are 2 elements of this Idea

•  Access point
    • This is something that we have on the backlog.  It should not be required that you leave Fusion and go to A360 to do exports
  • Local translate vs Cloud translate
    • This will not be something that we can support all locally.  We are going to continue to deliver some of these translation options via cloud/email workflows.
      • Including this locally would more than double the client install
      • Some of this is not supported consistently across Mac/PC

Thanks,

Daniel

10 Kudos

It seems some CAM operations, like 2D adaptive clearing, can't do rest machining. In my case, I'm doing two subsequent adaptive clearing passes, one with a large tool, one with a smaller tool. Some users have proposed doing other clearing operations in between adaptive ones, but that seems like a clunky workaround.

I'm not sure why Fusion 360 can't just support rest machining on all operations.

On top of this, the rest option on the operations that do support it ask for input about the previous tool size. But this should be available to the CAM engine by way of the previous operations. In cases where the previous operation didn't machine anything (say, because a selected pocket was too small for the selected tool), subsequent rest operations are skipped, even if the tool is small enough to enter the pocket. In those cases, the tool path should be designed to enter the pocket safely given that it is full of material.

In fact, all operations should be rest operations, shouldn't they? At least by default?

Thanks!

I can see the point here.  However, the truth is, this has to do with the difference between "2D" and "3D" strategies.

AS Laurens points out 2D strategies are driven by the selected geometry will 3D are driven by the model.

The power of 2D strategies is that you have control to manipulate the toolpath.

For this request, we should rather focus on adding functionality to 3D strategies for prismatic parts.

For now, I will need to archive this.

11 Kudos

Currently there is no way to do this unless the surface is flat.

This is a good idea; we have this captured in our backlog. We have many high priority projects that we're focusing on (performance and stability in particular), so we're not sure when we will get to this. When we do, we'll keep you posted. 

19 Kudos

smarter hole tools

by Mentor on ‎07-12-2016 01:20 PM

it would be great if the hole tool could:

know where the circle center is when drilling out a pipe

for each pipe I have to do this by hand with 60 pipes a pain to do

second it would be great if like with the fillet could select multiple faces (disks) to perform the hole command onto ONCE.

so much time saved

18 Kudos

reorder components in browser

by Advocate madengineer13 on ‎07-19-2016 02:16 PM

I think it would be helpful to be able to drag the components up or down in the browser tree.  for instance, if I want to take a component created last, and drag it up to the top of the browser.   This would help with keeping the components organized within the browser.

Thanks,

Hey there! Quick update on this idea - there are some workflow limitations around why you can't move components. When you create components, they are created in a certain order, when you try to move them in the browser, you may end up breaking the link between the order in the browser and it's relationship to the associated features in the timeline. 

We are working on providing the the capability create folders in the browser so you can better organize your parts, however the issue you are pointing out here is valid: 

If you can't move a component, we shouldn't give you a preview of where you can place it. We will track this issue and get it fixed so that there is no visual feedback. 

20 Kudos

Fusion personal server

by Enthusiast deddydtd on ‎06-29-2016 02:10 AM

in many companies the cloud is not allowed for reasons of company policy
this limits very Fusion 360, as everyone knows well

is possible create a server software license with hardware specifications dictated by Autodesk
I can install the Fusion server in my company with a number of defined licenses
and create my own personal cloud.

@deddydtd,

Thank you for your idea, this is getting changed to archived due to the nature of the request.  Here is a link from a thread on offline, please read the response from schneik.  Although your request is slightly different our response is the same for intention behind Fusion 360.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/cloud-and-online-work/idi-p/4652787/p...

Cheers,

Mike Prom

11 Kudos

Implement and expose user parameters for a generalized inverse kinematic scheme among joint trees, making it easy for the user to design robots and manipulate life-like figures. Such a scheme could also be used to derive and generate robot motion scripts, giving Fusion a new capability - generating and exporting (or even hosting) the motion rules for robots and figures that you have designed and built from within Fusion.

Thank your for your idea, this is getting archived due to the nature of the request and the amount of core feature work in our backlog that is ahead of this.

Regards,

Mike Prom

5 Kudos

Don't truncate drawing dimensions

by Explorer alex on ‎12-01-2016 04:47 PM

As far as I can tell, this hasn't been covered before, but it seems like a big, if simple, issue. In Fusion 360 at the moment, when making drawings from a part, dimensions are truncated to remove any trailing zeros, regardless of what the precision is set to. A diameter of 3.500" becomes 3.5" without any way to restore the remaining decimal places. Many companies, however, specify a default tolerance for a drawing, based on how many decimal places are specified in a dimension. That 3.500" diameter might have a default tolerance of +/- .005" where the 3.5" diameter could be +/- .1" by default. This common practice saves you from having to specify tolerances on every single dimension, especially when specifying complex, tight-tolerance parts. The title block typically spells out these defaults as ".xx = +/- .01, .xxx = +/- .005" and so on.

Please, for the sanity of engineers and machinists everywhere, stop truncating dimensions in the drawing environment of Fusion 360.

Hi @alex, since @aj_deleon answered your idea with a current solution, I'm going to archive this idea. Thanks for participating on the IdeaStation!

30 Kudos

Add Simultaneous Symmetric Sketching Ability

by Advocate bverboort on ‎03-04-2016 07:26 AM

Please add the ability to do simultaneous symmetric sketches.

Similar to the way AutoCAD Mechanical does...

(I'd post a Screencast, but the last update provided broke it for me)

Best,

Brian

This would be a really nice feature, however, we feel that improving the symmetry and patterning, as @roambotics_scott suggests, are more impactful areas to concetrate on at this time for our sketching environment.

best,

Jamie

16 Kudos

Sketch - make chamfer tool

by Advocate jkelindberg on ‎07-11-2016 06:51 AM

Hi,

I would like to see a tool similar to the fillet tool in the sketch environment but for making chamfers rather than fillets. Sure, you can do it by drawing a line, but it is convenient just like how you don't need to draw an arc with the fillet tool..

Thank you for you idea, due to the amount of higher priority items in the sketch teams backlog this is getting archived.  I do think this a good idea.  Just because an item gets archived doesn't mean it won't be done, it will just be a while before we can evaluate doing it.

Regards,

Mike Prom

13 Kudos

Welded Structures and Better 3D Sketches

by Explorer SDP123 on ‎08-12-2016 11:53 PM

Hi There,

Delved into Fusion 360 from a long time with Solidworks - Fusion 360 is the future - But - first would love to see Welded Structures and better 3D Sketches.

I am designing an off-road car at the moment with a tubular frame - this is virtually impossible in Fusion at the moment without these tools - which is such a shame as its such a brilliant software otherwise - and my opinion with Autodesk's new approach to being more open has made me have massive respect for them!

3D sketches need most of the constraints and modifications that 2D sketches have.

Please - Please add these features soon - thanks a mill!

Thanks for the idea, we have the captured. We'd love to do this, but it is quite a ways out since we are currently focusing on higher priority projects like getting sheet metal buttoned up. Since we're not sure when we can tackle this, we are archiving the idea. 

24 Kudos

degrees of freedom in sketch

by Employee on ‎04-22-2016 01:46 AM - last edited on ‎04-22-2016 01:52 AM |

Make degrees of freedom in a sketch visible. Same like Inventor.

At the moment it is very hard to see if a sketch or parts of a sketch are still movable..

@f.schurig,

Thank you for your idea.  We are working on getting under constrained vs. fully constrained into sketch.  This is one way to visually see what can be moved.  While this does not show how geometry can move, it shows what can move.  We find that many users traditionally drag what can be moved to see how it will move.  Once fully constrained is out, we will evaluate if more feedback to users is needed.

Thank you,

Mike Prom

37 Kudos

Knurling

by Advocate pfleming on ‎12-29-2015 03:14 PM

I would like to suggest both diamond and straight knurling be available as modelled features able to be machined or printed, as the current procedure to create a diamond knurl is very complicated and even somewhat trial and error. The advent of 3D printers has meant things like replacement (or in my case original) knobs are very fast and easy to print and can be highly effective rather than just temporary solutions. However there is presently no way to easily knurl the surface such that they replicated replacement machine knurled or moulded knobs.

@pfleming,

Thank you for your idea, I am changing this back to Achieved since it automatically change when the two ideas where combined.  We archived this initially because machining a knurling is machined using a specific tool and modeling the knurl is not necessary.  With that said we are looking into having a visual option for a knurl, but this does not meet all the requirements for your idea.  This is why the idea is staying archived.

Regards,

Mike Prom

15 Kudos

I need to do a lot of pipe work and it would be wonderful if Fusion finally would be able in 2016 to add pipes to many sketch edges at once with one command.

for this type of work the current workflow is painfully slow and expensive time wise.

Thank you for your idea, this is getting changed to archived due to the nature of the request.  It may make sense for this to work in one sketch that is complainer, but there are restrictions that prevent us from using multiple non plainer sketches.

Regards,

Mike Prom

19 Kudos

Right now when I mirror an component it looses it's "link" to the original compononet so when I do any changes to the body the mirrored component does not update, while obviously regular duplicated ones do.

In my mind and workflow having mirrored compononets working just like regular copied/duplicated compononets is a must.

Thank you for your idea, this is getting archived due to the design intention of this feature and the discussion in this thread.  When you mirror a component, the mirror happens at a specific point in time.  Mirror component is not a instance of the original component and does not function as symmetry.  There are several ways that you can create a model that will up date in this way:

1. Use mirror component and when you would like to add a feature to both sides roll back the timeline and edit before the mirror.

2. Copy and paste a component.  This workflow will create an instance of the component and annoying thing that happens to one will happen to the other. 

3. Create a component and save it to the data panel.  Then start a new model and insert the component multiple times. 

Regards,

Mike Prom

23 Kudos

Improvements To Sketch Text Formatting

by Participant alexander.crease on ‎04-11-2016 12:29 PM

I think it would be useful to format the sketch text settings more like how "text boxes" are formatted in things like Adobe and Microsoft Products. Not only would this be more intuitive from a user's perspective as most people are familiar with how they work, but it would also make it easier to actively change the text if you need it to. For example, in the image below, the dashed border I would think to be a standrad "text box" like in the programs I mentioned above. However, when I change the size of the dashed box, its height controls the size of the letters, its angle tilts the text, but its width does nothing, as shown in the images below.

Nothing allows me to wrap the text around to a new line, unless I press enter at a specific location within the "Edit Text" window. With lots of text to deal with (I just repeated a bunch of "a"s as an example), finding the right spot to hit "enter" to form a new line can be tricky, and working with text in Fusion 360 would be a much more intuitive experience if the yellow dashed text box worked like a text box that people are used to dealing with (i.e. while Fusion is a new type of design tool, there is no use reinventing the wheel on this specific concept). Perhaps the width of the text box could set the marker for where text should wrap around to the next line, like in other products.

Thank you for your idea, this is getting archived due to the details in the request.  We are working on improving our text formatting, however the request to have the level of functionality that adobe and Microsoft is something that will take a long time to work towards.  Please provide what you think would be a single improvement that we can prioritize that will improve your workflow.

Thank you,

Mike Prom

27 Kudos

To support electrical routed systems designs including support for industry standard wires, connectors and methodologies

@bverboort

Thank you for your idea.  Although it is a great idea, the amount of time it will be before we get to it is the reason why the idea is being changed to Archived.  Wire and cable harness is a very large project for the team and with our current roadmap it will be years before we explore our options.  At this time, we will revisit your idea.

Thank you,

Mike Prom

5 Kudos

link Mesh Data to drive T-Spline bodies

by Mentor on ‎11-16-2016 02:02 PM

Blender has one function I use heavily in a lot of designs

You can have two objects hard plastic and overmolded part but both objects use the same mesh input data.

adjust the mesh will update each object the same way

to expand an overmolded area I can select certain CVs and via an expand function make it grow.

this is how I use a lot of generative modeling tasks in Blender and it would be fantastic if Fusion could do something similar.

Currently I would have to work with individual TS objects which is ok but not very interactive.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 1.57.51 PM.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byzv_NlyKp_2eFBkMWxXMl9lQVk/view

Archived due to lack of votes

6 Kudos

T-Spline isloate edges to evaluate flow

by Mentor on ‎10-30-2016 06:22 PM

T-Splines is great but when modeling a rather complex object and you want to perfect the flow you need to look at the individual loops sometimes.

Here is a Blender screenshot sculpting a basic cloth iron body for a demo.

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 9.19.31 PM.png

The mesh is not too dense yet too complex is the shape to easily check the loops and flows

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 9.15.19 PM.png

isolating the selected loop (hiding everything else) makes this task a lot easier.

Now I can rotate around that loop evaluate and adjust it.

In blender this is done via Shift H - hide none selected!

Archived due to lack of votes/

15 Kudos

Present folders and files in a simple way like in Windows

by Explorer scottericanderson on ‎06-24-2016 11:02 PM - last edited on ‎06-24-2016 11:03 PM |

This has bugged me ever since I first launched Fusion 360 which was like 2 years ago.  Didn't touch the software for about 1.5 years and recently opened it back up and this still bugs me.  The way files in Fusion are presented is simply too unconventional. 

But this isn't unconventional in a good way that adds any value.  There are these big Icon things.  And I can't read the file name because there isn't enough room for the text.  There is this preview image which could be 1/5th the size and I could still recognize the shape, but it takes up so much room I can read the text.  If I switch to list view, I have these big file chunk things stacked vertically.  Not the list I'm expected.   Again, not enough room to read the text.  Fusion is being too creative with the way files and folders are presented makes it unconventional which can make it hard to conceptualize what the content is (or prevent fundamental information like file names from being presented in exchange for big-bold text or big preview icons such that you can read the file name) and this is a problem.

And unconventional only hurts if it's trying to replicate something that has an accepted standard.  Just because I have the files on this new cloud storage thing doesn't mean I should have to look at files in a different way.  Cloud storage companies like Box and Dropbox had the same problem early on if I recall correctly.  Instead of standard Windows Explorer views like list-view, detail-view, etc., there were these different ways of presenting files.  Now the big file storage companies have an option (often times the default option) to show files in a basic way. Listing out files has been figured out a long time ago.  Windows XP --> Windows 7 --> Windows 10, the way files are presented are about the same. Files and folders are files and folders, there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

So the suggestion is this:

Present a file view like Windows Explorer's file view.  This will make it easier for me to transition in and out of Fusion.

Hey there, thanks for your idea! We are currently working on an experience similar to Dropbox where you'll have a folder view into your Fusion 360 account. You'll be able to organize and browse your projects/designs just like how you would in Windows Explorer. Expect something like this to be available in the next couple of months. 

26 Kudos

When sharing a design from Fusion 360 it would be great to have a location for a “rights notice”.  If we want to attach a legal notice (a copyright notice or other legal statement) to a design we distribute through a public or private link, there isn’t now a clear way to do this. 

Many of us might want to license designs under something like creative commons, but many others might require a license notice or a notice that the design is proprietary.  Our primary licensing agreement, for instance, requires that such notice be given whenever we share proprietary information with our licensee/ partner in any form. Failure to do so risks our intellectual property and our income from our work, so this is something we need to take seriously. It’s easy to do this if we share drawings, but when transferring digital files a click through notice, or  pop up, would be highly desirable. There is already an option for password protecting content, but that in itself doesn’t imply any rights status. 

This might also be a useful place for notices of design limitations or cautions that you want to be more prominent than appended notes. 

This is inspired by discussion in this forum thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/attaching-an-enforceable-copyright-statement/...

@Oceanconcepts,

Thank you for your idea, this is getting archived due to the nature of the idea.  We are working on the ability to have permissions on projects, folders and files.  Limiting access to users when people share files.  The legal requests that you have in the idea are up to the customer to control and it would be very difficult to automatically regulate. 

Regards,

Mike Prom

17 Kudos

Fusion 360 is unable to apply the same mirror command it can use for features and bodies to a sketch object ?!

The inside sketch mirror works good when you want to mirror it along the cplane of the sketch.

But if a sketch is at a rotated custom plane and you need to mirror that along a specific axis with a different rotation you cannot do that.

In my screenshot the sketch has to be mirrored along the Y axis to the left.

archiving due to lack of votes.