Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hydrostatic pressure inputs

hydrostatic pressure inputs

Right now there is a pressure load in the stress analysis. This works great for preassure vessles, but not that well for liquid containers like tanks. It would be really nice if a pressure function load like hydrostatic pressure could be used. Given how similar they are it seems reasonable. I could see it working two ways. 

1. The user inputs a liquid level, a liquid density, and the pressure at the top of the liquid. (this method is likely overly complicated)

2. Or the user specifies a place where the pressure funciton starts and then the function based on a variable. So for hydrostatic pressure the user would click for the z location of 0 gauge pressure and then put in the P=rho*g*z function and specifies a direction the pressure should go. This would allow not only hydrostatice but also solid loading or any other pressure function. 

Thanks!

2 Comments
garystyger
Observer

Further to the request above would it be possible to define pressures in the global or a user-defined coordinate system?

I would also like to enter equations defining the variation of pressure with respect to a particular axis position i.e. On the inner surface of a cylinder/shell, the radial pressure could vary with regards theta/angular position, such as Pr = P.sin(2*Theta).

I hope this makes sense.

MikeSmell_ADSK
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi @Murenrb - 

Hydrostatic loads are now available in Fusion 360.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-E591E853-8307-44D4-85C2-D82DE0D111E1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report