Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home View Shortcut

Home View Shortcut

Hi,

Could we please have a shortcut to move the view area to the home position just like when you click to the little house beside the orientation cube?

I've got a 3D mouse, a SpacePilot from 3Dconnexion and been using it for quite some time. I got used to also use one of the buttons on that mouse to go to the home view position and I'm missing this one very much within Fusion 360 which I started to use just recently. Having this additional short cut we would be able to map it to a certain key on the 3D mouse.

I think this would be one small step for [a] software, one giant leap for SpacePilot users... 😉

6 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager

in spacemouse preferences set a button to application command and then home?

dialsc
Enthusiast

That would be cool and that's what I was looking for at the very first. Unfortunately there is no "Home" available at the button preferences of the 3D mouse.

briankb
Contributor

I just upgraded to the SpaceMouse enterprise and using the command search on F360 there are no view commands for Home, Top, Left, ect... so there is nothing we can assign or even create a macro in spacemouse or otherwise. Please add the Home and other viewports ASAP, also the LookAt (normal) view. 

Stephen.Boener
Explorer

If I may suggest, just use the shortcut you (AutoDesk) already use in Inventor, F6.  Why does such a simple and useful command exist in one of your products, but not another?

wugwizard
Explorer

With all the recent added keyboard shortcuts for just about any menu item, it is terribly frustrating that the viewports (especially HOME) still have to be clicked with the mouse. 

There is even a HOME key available on the keyboard...  Why not assign it?

wugwizard
Explorer

Devised a temporary workaround using the freeware AutoIt tool:

Create a script with the following lines...

; Script Start
; Get the handle of the Fusion360 window
local $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Qt5QWindowIcon]")
; Using window handle, get the size of the main display area
; The instance number may possibly vary between versions etc.
local $aArray = ControlGetPos($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Qt5QWindowIcon; INSTANCE:5]")
; Do a "blind" click on the location of the "hidden" home button
; Not sure if display scaling or DPI may affect the offsets from the top right corner
ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Qt5QWindowIcon; INSTANCE:5]", "left" , 1 , ($aArray[2])-109, 18)

Bind the script to a keyboard macro key or spacemouse home button...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report