Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Table / Chart for drawings

Hole Table / Chart for drawings

When working with sheetmetal and machined parts with many holes I really like using hole chart/table tools to declutter drawings and allow more information. I also feel it improves readability. 

Most the major Mechanical CAD packages include this, Inventor being one of them. Since there is a major focus on CAM in Fusion, plus the soon coming 2D profile cutting addition to CAM and Sheetemetal forming capability, I feel this would be a great addition to the software package.

(Found an Autodesk Inventory example from the internet)

HoleTable.png

7 Comments
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

keqingsong
Community Manager
TravisJoe
Advocate

I am glad there is progress with tables, but this does not really solve the issue. It seems very manual which makes it feel that on a design that this might be practical with, would be the design typically not needing a hole chart. I am thinking of sheetmetal designs I have worked with that have 100+ holes. 

I would also want to maintain associativity, and unless you used parameters, which more extra steps, I do not see how that would work. 

It would appear that ordinate dimension addition helps probably more than just a custom chart. 

keqingsong
Community Manager

Got it - you're right, it is a manual process today. With that said, Hole and thread notes are in the hopper - we haven't started work on it yet because our teams are tied up with existing modeling projects that need to get done - work on this should start soon. We'll keep you posted. 

TravisJoe
Advocate

Understand, and appreciate the effort so far. I am just glad that they are on the way. I use this tool heavily for sheetmetal and machined parts drawings.

mandeepRLZG4
Observer

Is there any update on the Hole Table feature?

danXHXPU
Observer

Hole tables are a must!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report