Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight design history on mouse over of parts

Highlight design history on mouse over of parts

Hi!

It is time for me to start sharing my improvement ideas here in the forums. I've just been discussing the ideas directly we the Fusion 360 team.

On the last day after AU2014, Martiza and I were discussing how many users are not aware of the design history to be able to modifity things they have done.
Something I though of on the flight back to Stockholm was that the user interface could maybe subtly highlight the last corresponding edit in the timeline when the mouse is over the corresponding part in the 3D view.

This way it could bring attention to the relationship between these two.

Of course, this will be difficult with sketches that are auto hidden as soon as they have been used. But maybe it would be enough to do this for the things that are possible.

I think it is important that the highlighting is not too strong, as it might be annoying having something flash and distract you from what you are doing.
An option might be to have this turned on by default, but have the choice to turn it off? I guess it depends on how it looks when implemented.

Best regards,

Roberto

1 Comment
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

We've since added many visual cues to the timeline and feature relationships to components. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report