Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Canvas Border/ Frame (read to see why)

Hide Canvas Border/ Frame (read to see why)

I am aware that decals are mostly to add visuals and canvases for reference geometry, but decals have disadvantages for specific applications in adding visuals, while the crazy red border make sing Canvas impossible.

* decals are harder or precisely align or scale as they dependent on the geometry of the model, not just the plane. (Of course they even CAN'T be attached to planes.)

* decal center must be on the object. this means that if I have an object with a hole in the middle and a decal that's essentially a frame, I need to make the decal file asymetrical as a workaround so that the centers don't align 
* decals have reflections and wraps around hole and geometries, especially in transparent materials. what if I don't want that? (and I dont)
* sometimes you want to leave in a precisely sized background as a part of the visual instead of decal. for PCB models for example. 

So: I would LOVE to be able to hide the picture frame/border!

Thanks. 

3 Comments
carvedblock
Enthusiast

Update:it used to be possible to **** images using material editor. 
http://fusion360.autodesk.com/learning/learning.html?guid=bc3bf5f5-97db-4f3b-9684-c3c903193338

Function wise, that's what I was actually looking for !!!!

This seems to be impossible in the latest fusion? The material editor has changed. 😞

colin.smith
Alumni
This item has been archived due to a lack of votes. If you feel this item is important feel free to create a new idea station item.
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report