Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grayout (with context-sensitive help) rather than hide inactive menu items

Grayout (with context-sensitive help) rather than hide inactive menu items

I've been struggling working with meshes ... costing me tons of wasted time and frustration ... watching videos where they had menu items (like "merge" and "mesh to BRep" and such where I didn't.  I couldn't figure out why they would remove such valuable functions ... and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Eventually someone was nice enough to answer my posts about why those were removed, or how I could get them.  They said I had to enable Direct Modelling ... well I had no idea what that was but apparently it means turn off design history (why don't they just say that).  Ouilla!  I always use design history so I would have never discovered that otherwise.

This seems like basic UI101 ... but anyway ... better late than never, yes?  Let's gray those menu items out and add context-sensitive help to instruct the user how to enable those functions.

Are there any other menu items that get hidden at various times?  I don't know, but sure would be nice to know.  Thanks!

1 Comment
thburn
Collaborator

Hi,

I think this is same as the old thread here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/keep-all-features-visible-in-all-mod...

this one is marked as 'Future consideration' - but nobody knows WHEN this future is 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report