Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gravity Joint

Gravity Joint

Hi, i was creating a ferris wheel assembly. But somehow i cannot find the right joint to make the capsule stay upright. i found a solution in a different software called ProEngineer, they have this mechanism feature called Gravity which makes the capsules stay upright during assembly animation. Hope you can add more features like this in Fusion 360. I really like using Fusion 360 in Modeling my 3D projects. Thanks 😉

4 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

You can get what you're after using Revolute joints and a motion link. Here's a screencast, if you want the file as an example start a thread in the design forum and I'll attach it, you can't attach files in the Ideastation for some reason.

Mark

This kinda gets to the crux of my annoyance with joints and motion

It's great for making animations, and even analysing the motion of simple linkage networks, but there's no real physics or mechanics there.

I can make a transmission that moves correctly, but it's not doing any of the work for me.

This would be a example test case for rigid body dynamics simulation because it would capture not only that the pods remain upright, but how they're affected by changes in motion. Start / stop the spinning, and they swing realistically based on linkages, mass distribution, and moments of inertia

AndrewSears
Community Manager

Hi Mark - Someone asked for the same thing a few months ago.  Add a gravity vector  Please add your votes to that one also.

Hi Scott - Can you review these ideas and vote for the ones you like?  Rigid Body type ideas

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy - Would do but can't.. I've already voted for every one that I'm eligible to and the others have something in common that keeps me from voting for them

Capture d’écran 2016-10-24 à 13.28.19.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report