Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G1 / G2 like surface blend for Bridge in T-Splines

G1 / G2 like surface blend for Bridge in T-Splines

Bridge is a great tool but keeping it as a G0 loft tool is not making the most use of it.

In Fusion you can bridge aka loft between two edges or sets of profiles with G0.

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 2.12.15 PM.png

What Fusion should offer is the ability to move the added bridge surface steps to mimik G1 or g2 like flows.

Take a look at what Blender can do:

I can blend between to edges, define the amount of steps and then define the shape of the transition via the

smooth function! This is incredible useful for organic modeling and a "Muss ich haben!"   ("must have" for monolinguals)!!!

Blender takes into consideration the direction of the faces that have the edges I want to blend between.

So useful!

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 1.37.13 PM.png

5 Comments
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

colin.smith
Alumni

Hi @cekuhnen

Are you saying that the preview of the bridge should be smoother? Once the bridge is accepted the result is always curvature.

Thanks

Colin

cekuhnen
Mentor

@colin.smith

Jaein! (German for Yes and No)

Bridge in Fusion can only create a linear transition and if needed add loop cuts into there.

What I am rather looking for to make a blend surface that can as a flat poly model me smooth.

In Blender bridge can work like a blend surface "blending between surface directions" not just only connect them.

Check this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byzv_NlyKp_2OTlYMHhUbU02VXM/view

This is incredibly useful because I do not have to manipulate the loop cuts by hand. Blender bridge does it for me.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Adding this to the backlog for T-Splines.  Release date TBD.

AbdnAllHope
Advocate

This one is fighting for top of my list for T-Splines.  Really could have used it the last few weeks.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report