Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion's DRAWING panel "Crazy_Snapping" function is too much.

Fusion's DRAWING panel "Crazy_Snapping" function is too much.

The Drawing panel is fantastic, works great EXCEPT the automatic snapping function seems a little spastic; (in my case it often jumps around crazily) which is kind of annoying. Would be great to have an option to turn off snapping, unless I missed it somewhere.

5 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

Have you tried holding the Ctrl key down when you don't want auto snap?

SwissPL
Advocate

Yup, that doesn't seem to solve it either.

I'm wanting to just move an element slightly to the side to organize things on the page, without Fusion trying to be "helpful" by snapping it to various points around the area. For the most part snapping is good, when setting measurements and such, but for text placement and for organizing the elements on the drawing page, would be nice to be able to turn off all snapping and then just move them free hand.

SwissPL
Advocate

Here is another example of the snap function pulling the element back to where it was previously, which is highly annoying if I'm trying to organize my drawing page.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/92615795-c3bf-4c60-bdaa-6c2e671a0854

SwissPL
Advocate

And here another very clear demonstration of the snap function applied to text elements inside the drawing space.

I'm trying to move it marginally up, to appease my design sense, and Fusion feels "helpful" spastically throwing the text element around the page.

A function is needed to turn this off.

Thanks,

Alldaron

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/0553a9f3-f605-427b-bc85-eb09e09030d8

Snapping is also broken in sketch. Sometimes it'll lock onto what should be obviously wrong, sometimes it won't snap to grid or other targets, sometimes both. Seems the whole snapping engine should be reworked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report