Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion into a personal server

Fusion into a personal server

Hi,

I know that this subject has been discussed before but I think it's very important to put it on the table again.

I'm very impressed by how Fusion takes CAD to the next level and I've been putting it in the hands of different heavy CAD users working for bigger enterprises than me, and they all loved it and only stayed with one question, "How data is managed?"

For an enterprise it's unacceptable to have data into a crackable server, propriety of amazon ( a million iCloud accounts cracked a few days ago, take that amazon... ), that can be down for any reason like bugs. But it's also the main reason why they loved it, no "need" to manage the data, all computers share the same files.

So what if enterprises could have a "server" version of Fusion 360 to store all data and services locally? Well, I think it will be the "killer" feature, at such a point that I don't know if Inventor could still be taken as an "upgrade" from fusion.

I know it's difficult to do, but it NEEDS to be considered further, however Fusion is only going to target small enterprises with no intellectual proprieties, but hey, if it's the goal for Fusion to not cover all the market, stay that way Autodesk.

Thanks for your attention, Hugues.

2 Comments
Aadithya01
Advisor

I work as an application engineer with an autodesk reseller . And some customers have always asked me for this option. 

Thankyou so much for bringing this up @apachehugh.vandecasteele

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/fusion-360-a360-account-to-be-access...

Also see the above link where I had posted regarding this issue. If you really like my opinion kindly please support the idea 

Hi @Aadithya01

Well that's a good idea as well, way easier to implement at this point, I'm supporting it but it's only a layer of security where a personal server is solving all problems at once like keeping any data away from the internet.

Kudo for your idea!

See you in the forum, Hugues Vandecasteele.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report