Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 parts Library is WAY behind Inventor's Content Center!

Fusion 360 parts Library is WAY behind Inventor's Content Center!

Hey There,

One of the things that Inventor is excelling from other products, it is its Content Center and all the adding parts automation.

I just moved from Inventor to Fusion 360, and I must say, I like it. But I'm quite surprised. Everything about Fusion 360 is more new, easy and make sense, except when you need to add a part (a Screw, a Bolt etc....) from the library. This is where Fusion 360 is falling short!

I hope, somewhere in the Near future you will improve this functionality and make it like it's in the Inventor's Content Center.

Unfortunately, right now I'm juggling between Inventor and Fusion 360 because of that 😞

Cheers / Ben

10 Comments
daniel_lyall
Mentor
you can use the insert then from McMaster
Beyondforce
Advisor

I have tried that, but it's a lot more complicated than to create the part myself. Actually, what I'm doing right now, is importing the part that I need from Inventor. It's a good solution, but not perfect.

I hope one day the Fusion 360 team, will change and improve the current part library.

npolanosky
Enthusiast

I've gone the other way- I LOVE fusion's mcmaster integration and it is far more intuitive to me then the inventor content center. 

Rayzor1953
Explorer

Yes, Fusion 360 it is rather lacking in that respect. A bigger issue is the cloud is slow from the perspective of uploads because most ISP providers have been optimized for downloads. Mine is 20:1 for download/upload speeds.

Beyondforce
Advisor

Hi @Rayzor1953,

Maybe in the US the Upload is limited, but not here in Denmark. With most of our ISP's the Upload is not limited, but what can decrease the Upload speed, is the distance between you and the main Switch.

Ben.

daniel_lyall
Mentor

I disproved that one ben a fiber cable 1 k from main junktion box bad, a copper wire 3 k from junktion box faster than fiber 

lub
Participant
Participant

Hi,

I couldn't agree more. I don't use the inventor content center that much, but one we've mad ourselves that contains iLogic parts, iParts and Parts we want to reference, so we can edit them all from one place. Between projects.

I don't see how we can convert to fusion without this feature.

Lewi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree. Fusion is very limited in this space and I'm not sure if it will improve. 

I see it more as an advanced hobbyist tool; and a playground for Autodesk developers to test stuff out and port it back to Inventor later.

As a Mac user, Fusion would be the most logical choice, but I just can't live without things like iFeatures and iLogic...

We can consider this to be normal though, since Inventor is the more expensive and professional looking application of them 🙂

lefterisapostolakis
Community Visitor

Hello,

You can find anything you want at www.tracepartsonline.net

Check it!

Benedikt_Kuester
Contributor

It´s one of the Major issues in Fusion360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report