Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Learning Guide/ Material

Fusion 360 Learning Guide/ Material

Autodesk really NEEDS to provide a comprehensive learning guide to help everyone learn Fusion 360.  Something along the lines of what is provided at www.myigetit.com.  They use text along the left side of the screen and screen shots to help explain the text.  I is far better than the videos that Autodesk had made, which barely start to cover using the program.  I recently went through the learning material that Autodesk provides, again, and at best I would describe it as lame.  I have been using Fusion 360 for 10 months now and the learning material available is disorganized, not complete, and found in many places.  I believe 10% of the learning material is at http://fusion360.autodesk.com/resources, another 10% is found in posts on the Autodesk community forums, 20% is at www.igetit.com, and the other 60% doesn't exist.  Please, please, please provide organized, in depth, learning material for all levels of users. 

4 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Hey CGPM, thanks for the idea. We are actively working on providing a more in-depth learning experience that walks a user through the various workspaces and get them the training they need to go from beginners to experts. 

Provided below are 3 links. Here are the instructions of what to do with them: 

1. Click on Dataset to download the zip file of all the sample files associated with each Module. Upload them in Fusion 360.

Dataset

2. Begin the training by going through each module in ascending order (01, 02, 03, etc). You can view them in the browser or download them locally. 

PDF Modules

01 Introduction

02 Sketch

03 Sculpting

04 Model

05 Manage

06 Assemble

07 Render

08 Drawing

09 CAM

3. We also have a YouTube playlist of videos associated with each module. They should complement the modules as you go through the training. 

Video Playlist

This project is still in beta phase, so feel free to give us feedback on it. We'll continue to refine the experience and make it more streamlined, added to our learning site, as well as expanding the level of expertise. 

cekuhnen
Mentor

04_model PDF

https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue29c9141/shares/public/SH7f1edQT22b515c761e015af81664fecb70

Stepp 33

you cut the extrusion through the body and later split everything

you could rather use add and use the depth extension option!

do all the work from the inside and the opening on the shell could be done with an cylinder again.

I think this has less steps and provides a better workflow

davoque
Enthusiast

Very nice, looking good, thanks. This makes it much easier to get into the product.

gof635
Explorer

In your opening statement you invite users to "Click on Dataset to download the zip file of all the sample files associated with each Module. Upload them in Fusion 360."

Being a dumb user, I went looking for a folder called "Fusion 360". I cannot find one!  I have an "Autodesk" and a "Program Files" on my C Drive  but neither contain anything remotely resembling  a "Fusion 360" folder.

Please, give this poor, frustrated and much confused user, trying hard to learn Fusion 360 (no easy task this) ,a break and provide some guidance as to where to find said folder "Fusion 360".  By the way, I worked through the first Section (Introduction), and found it very useful.  I won't tell you how many weeks I have spent just trying to do a fraction of what is covered in the Intro.  The text could use a bit of massaging to clarify a couple of actions but overall it is great - and well worth the time, effort and cost in paper to download the dataset and print the sections.

Again, being the season of peace and goodwill to all men (and women), let me wish all a politically incorrect Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

Thanks

GOF635

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report