Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 job shop system module

Fusion 360 job shop system module

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this request/question.

With Fusion 360 becoming an all in one software for the creation of a product, will Fusion 360 eventually branch off to connect all its capabilities to collect data for a Fusion 360 job shop software to be used for estimating, purchasing, scheduling, data collection, shipping and accounting. Similar to the software E2.

Job shops are different than an OEM manufacturer and I believe Fusion is the perfect software for a job shop because it connects all our cutting/machining/design/cam/drawings/forming/fabricating capabilities to produce products for various customers across various industries.

We have converted our machine shop cam/design/drawing capabilities to Fusion 360 and my next step is once the sheet metal module rolls out is to covert our laser/water jet/plasma/2d cam/bending/fabrication drawings to Fusion 360 to have the entire shop under one software.

The final step (wish) would be to then have estimating,purchasing,scheduling,data collection, shipping/receiving and accounting under the same (similar) software for seamless integration.

Is there something in the Fusion 360 family that can do this or is this something being discussed to be created in the future?

5 Comments
TravisJoe
Advocate

Not that it does it all now, but it might be more where Fusion Lifecycle is. PDM/PLM might not fit as well in a jobshop but might be an area better suited for these features.

I would agree that having a well integrated package to do this would be nice, but I am not sure it needs to be within Fusion 360.

Either way I like the idea

HybridMachinist
Advocate

I would be a huge fan of this as well, It is almost there in a lot or regards. But I would love to keep the quote and invoice with the part. Basically keep all the info together, Maybe a 360 could do this?

bryan5
Advocate

I would like to know if any of the Fusion 360 and Fusion 360 Lifecycle team would like to comment on this topic?

Thank you

TravisJoe
Advocate

This is just my opinion from being in similar situations.

I tend to not like overly inclusive packages of software. Fusion includes so many features already, but the intent is very much around design, validation and manufacturing of parts. Putting it into Fusion seems to much for me, and I would rather the Fusion team focus on the design side of things. Some features are slow enough to be implemented (sheetmetal) or improved already. It may seem like a simple thing to build into Fusion but as somebody that also does software I would image it is much more complex than it sounds.

That being said I feel A360 would be an amazing place to implement tools like this. One benefit of the cloud (not usually a fan on relying on the cloud so much) is that it is so connected. This allows all sorts of documents including CAM files to easily be accessed from a single area. This also allows other programs to also be involved like Inventor, Eagle, Maya, and Autocad. 

I see some sort of A360 Job Shop plugin as a great product, and I know people that would love that.

I would also say that simple work orders, inspection reports and similar would be nice. 

Anyways, just my thoughts.

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

This is a big one and I am happy to say we have started down this path.  I will let Robert, the PM on this provide a link to the Beta.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report