Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 ilogic functionality

Fusion 360 ilogic functionality

I have been using inventor since 2007.

When autodesk introduced the ability to create equations inside the parameter box I thought that was amazing.

Then they introduced ilogic, and that changed everything.

I think the reason ilogic was so successful and so powerful was due to the fact that its interface simply blended in with the existing inventor interface. I also think that ilogic did not change existing functionality but rather attempted to enhance existing functionality while adding new functionality. This was perhaps the single most powerful aspect about ilogic, existing users could simply continue on with their regular inventor experience while taking advantage of these enhancements.

I think ilogic was great inside inventor and I doubt that there will be anything like it in any other cad application.

That being said I see how fusion 360 is shaping itself up to be quite versatile and i dont think this program can do that without some version of ilogic. Not that it should have ilogic itself, since perhaps that may not fit so well with the fusion 360 interface.

However,

I am sure that some analogous version with even more functionality and enhancements could be made available for fusion 360 that was not already available with inventor.

From my perspective, it almost seems as though fusion 360 can do what most autodesk programs can do but all in one place. That being said, i think it wont hurt to have this capability in fusion 360 even though inventor has it as well given that autodesk has many programs with similar functionality.

2 Comments
rthresher
Contributor

I think that's a great idea, but lets go a little further, lets get drawings and data to come out of Inventor 2018 (large assembly) into fusion, and include the iLogic that we may already use in Inventor.  Why should we have to recreate the wheel?  Autodesk to Autodesk .. ya/?  I really enjoy Inventors Fluidity when putting all the parts together, and sometimes to add or fix that one part.  I like Fusion 360 Ulti, especially with the new Fusion Hubs, because now I can create with Inventor, move it to Fusion, do some cam, and hand it off to the operator, who also will have Fusion 360 ulti, then He can tweek any thing needed last minute, or change the CAM to a different method.   Heck for that matter, even do the cam in place. All of this gets Rev saved on line, and the final run can be then archived even back to Vault for future reference.  

jmlhunt
Explorer

Its 2019 and F360 still does not have any sort of way to manage configurations. Please F360, make this happen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea