27 Kudos

Full T-Spline toolset! Speedform Parity

by Contributor mohsenbehvar on February - last edited February |

I don't get it, why are some very useful T-spline tools withheld from Fusion360?

All of the tools shown below, are present in Speedform (which for some reason has no Education license) but are abscent from Fusion360

[Enlarge image]
Fusion-Speedform.jpg

These features are in our backlog.  Release date TBD.

Comments
By: Community Visitor guxef
February |

Speedform and Fusion360 are so similar (other than Speedform missing CAM and other workspaces) I don't even know why they don't just merge the two. It would put more developer power behind the software (instead of two packages and two teams). Speedform having T-Spline features that are lacking in Fusion360 is very shameful to be honest. I almost wish Autodesk didn't buy T-Spline and the Maya plugin still existed.

By: Advocate colin.mcdonald
a month ago |

Hi mohsenbehvar:

... completely aligned with your idea, especially the "lattice", the "edit by curve", and the "CV curve" tools. ("Wheel arch" not so much -- but I'm sure lots would love it!)

Aside: I was able to previously download Speedform inside education Alias AutoStudio.

C

By: Contributor mohsenbehvar
| Posted a month ago - last edited a month ago |

@colin.mcdonald

You downloaded Speedform 'inside' Autostudio? can you please explain this? I have Autostudio but the education Download page doesn't show speedform at all.

screenshot.jpg

By: Advocate colin.mcdonald
| Posted a month ago - last edited a month ago |

Hi mohsenbehvar:

... nope, I was mistaken.

I became interested, and downloaded the Autostudio (for Mac). No Speedform. Either my memory is faulty, or it was in the Win side of things, or I actually used the demo -- anyway, apologies for getting hopes up.

[Edit: Speedform seems to be Win-only -- at least according to the demo download form.]

C

By: Community Manager
a month ago |
Status changed to: Future Consideration

These features are in our backlog.  Release date TBD.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean