Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full T-Spline toolset! Speedform Parity

Full T-Spline toolset! Speedform Parity

I don't get it, why are some very useful T-spline tools withheld from Fusion360?

All of the tools shown below, are present in Speedform (which for some reason has no Education license) but are abscent from Fusion360

[Enlarge image]
Fusion-Speedform.jpg

6 Comments
guxef
Community Visitor

Speedform and Fusion360 are so similar (other than Speedform missing CAM and other workspaces) I don't even know why they don't just merge the two. It would put more developer power behind the software (instead of two packages and two teams). Speedform having T-Spline features that are lacking in Fusion360 is very shameful to be honest. I almost wish Autodesk didn't buy T-Spline and the Maya plugin still existed.

colin.mcdonald
Advocate

Hi mohsenbehvar:

... completely aligned with your idea, especially the "lattice", the "edit by curve", and the "CV curve" tools. ("Wheel arch" not so much -- but I'm sure lots would love it!)

Aside: I was able to previously download Speedform inside education Alias AutoStudio.

C

mohsenbehvar
Contributor

@colin.mcdonald

You downloaded Speedform 'inside' Autostudio? can you please explain this? I have Autostudio but the education Download page doesn't show speedform at all.

screenshot.jpg

colin.mcdonald
Advocate

Hi mohsenbehvar:

... nope, I was mistaken.

I became interested, and downloaded the Autostudio (for Mac). No Speedform. Either my memory is faulty, or it was in the Win side of things, or I actually used the demo -- anyway, apologies for getting hopes up.

[Edit: Speedform seems to be Win-only -- at least according to the demo download form.]

C

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

These features are in our backlog.  Release date TBD.

Mark_Landsaat
Enthusiast

@colin.smith Any updates on better geometry features for the sculpt environment. I have posted regarding this in other places as well. Generative design is a great new tool, but the meshes it creates are unwieldy and super dense. Some of the tools mentioned above would greatly help cleaning up and stylizing generative design created meshes.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report