Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fragile As Glass

Fragile As Glass

I am still of the opinion that there should be a separate forum for bugs. It's unnecessary to clutter the IdeaStation with entries s.a. this.

Category:Install

UI bug

Versions:Fusion 360 1.8.604, OS X 10.7.5 (Lion)

Streamer is Fragile As Glass

1. Launch the streamer

Observe that the download starts (percentage starts running with two decimals - why not three?)

2. Open the streamer's menu (the one saying 'Fusion 360 Client Downloader')

Expected:

- it should be okay to open a menu, right

Actual:

- streamer becomes a "non-responding" application. = beach ball

- percentage stops running on screen

but download actually continues (if you have Activity Monitor open for network traffic)

I used Force Quit to get streamer out of this stage. Tried thrice - always the same. Then settled to not open that menu.

a.png

Also:

b.png 

"Now, what happens if I press that X over there?"

Oops, the streamer app closes. Why would it do that? Why would the app makers want me to push this?

I can quit the app from the menu (or Cmd-Q) if I want… Oh, but the menu got the app stuck.

My suggestion:

- fix the menu problem

- remove the funny X icon

- bonus: use only one digit in the progress indication?

3 Comments
Oceanconcepts
Advisor

I agree that there is a need in the forums for something like the "Report a Problem" section in the old beta forum. There are things I find that seem like errors in design, or bugs- but that may be just something I don't understand about the interface. And I may not have an idea about how to fix it- but just have come across something that does not seem right. 

I'm not nearly as diligent as Asko (who should really get some kind of award), so I don't post in the idea station because it's not really an idea.  And I may have a workaround, so I don't really need help.  But I would put this observation in an area where something that seems like a problem can be identified or explained, to see if it needs a suggestion.

Ron

lure23
Collaborator

Thanks, Ron.

I just happen to have the time right now to spend on this. Hopefully, it's useful and hopefully it leads to a very good product that I will be using later. Also, it's a highly efficient way to learn the tool and understand it's (partly to-be) capabilities.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report