Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expose the sketch commands on the work surface

Expose the sketch commands on the work surface

I would like to see the sketch commands like trim, offset, etc. on the grid to they are immediately accessible with a mouse click.  One place is to include them on the sketch pallet with the constraints.  Optionally be able to drag the menu to the desktop.  I don't need the icons, just the words, like spline, polygon etc. and a fly out menu option as needed.  it slows down the designing each time I have to click on the menu dropdown.

2 Comments
thburn
Collaborator

Hi,

why you don't use the 'S' command?

Just hit S-key and then a small menu opens up where you can enter a few letters to get to the command you need 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

The challenge with a user interface everyone has an opinion on how it should work.  Some don't want anything on the UI, everything is a hot key while others prefer everything is done with the mouse.  The s key seems to be a compromise beyween the two extremes.  With the s key you have to hit the s, then type in the command if not there.  You can add it to the menu.   I want direct, one click access to the command all the time.  I would be happy if I could  detach the drop down menu and let it float over the UI.  The s-key is ok, but again I prefer direct 1-click access to the command and hot keys as I need them.  So the keyword for autodesk is flexibility, to optionally allow users as much freedom setting up the UI as they wish.  That is the challenge.   For new people having the commands easily visible is important, but as experience grows, they may start using the hot-keys more often as they get memorized.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report