Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to quads

Export to quads

Ability to generate quad topology for export would be a game changer compared to triangles we have at the moment. 

36 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with the above, HUGE feature for game artists.  STL is ... sufficient and baseline functionality, but a quadded OBJ export would be SUPER useful and would open up more options.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea how far along this idea has come but would love it. from a game dev standpoint. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quads support would be so awesome!

mohsenbehvar
Contributor

if the Fusion360 teams would make this happen, then everyone from 3D sculptors to video game and CG artists would rejoice and use Fusion360 for their work when they'd otherwise use other software. The patches are all four-sided anyway, it should be easy to get a clean quad based mesh out of Fusion360 as they're both four sided and have the correct edge flow.

This would add a LOT of value to Fusion360. It would add it to lot of people's workflows that would otherwise never never use Fusion360.

mohsenbehvar
Contributor

it's super weird that this isn't in Fusion already, considering how important Quad models are to many people.

danminson
Contributor

Please move this up on the priority list! 🙂 So many people will immediately benefit from it. Thanks F360 devs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please create a working converter for quad based mesh, I am sure that it would open many possibilities for so many people including myself. 

wilkinson.hank
Explorer

Really is disappointing that this is tagged as future consideration.  I'd really like to be able to move models created in Fusion 360 over to Maya for rendering and a proper quad export option seems to be the only way to do that.

pixeldesire3d
Participant

So AD, can we get this taken off the list of "Future Consideration" please?

Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be so useful!! Any updates or comments on this AD?
randomd
Participant

I would definitely use this feature if it were available!  Add another vote to the pile.

martynasm
Participant

I second the quad export need - really need it to be able to add surface displacement via maps for my 3d prints

er123452SDF9
Participant

i would like to have the possibility to convert stl models to quad to convert to t-spline finally.

oxford1212
Community Visitor

Do it Yesterday!!! 😄

nina.wagnerGYXTJ
Community Visitor

"Gamers around the world will likely spend around $138 billion on games this year, according to Newzoo's Global Games Market Report." 

Someone might think, that there could be a huge market for game asset creation in fusion 360. But AD does not care, still no obj quad export available. You could sell so many additional licenses just by adding one feature to this software. Fusion is worthless to a whole industry, just because the obj quad export is missing. This is so frustrating. 

jon_stoski
Community Visitor

Would love to be able to switch between parametric and T-Spline for product design. Right now it seems its one or the other. Frustrating.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report