Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to .obj

Export to .obj

I have had experience using programs like inventor in the past and now that Fusion 360 is out I would love to 3D model using that, however the end product is to create video models via Maya.  It is much easier for me to create models in Fusion 360 but I have not found an easy way to export from Fusion 360 to Maya.  It would be great to have an Obj export option to transfer files files from one program to another.. If I am missing something and there is any way to do this please let me know. I have some great ideas that I want to experiment with!

Peter

25 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

You can now export designs as OBJ by going to the design details on the web and selecting the OBJ export option in the top right corner. 

To go to the design details, find the design in your data panel in Fusion 360
Click the info ( i ) icon, and then select Open Details on Web. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 9.49.00 AM.png

cjwidd
Contributor

It seems that when you export a design as .OBJ there is no option to modify the refinement of the resulting mesh. When exporting bodies as individual STL files - when that file is imported into another program - the smoothness and detail is well-preserved. However, when importing the OBJ version, there are numerous artifacts in the model. Is there a workaround?

kowal256
Observer
This hardly counts as 'Implemented' - why we have to go to crappy web viewer that takes forever to load, then wait for an email with link to exported file instead of simply having OBJ export in menu in Fusion?
keqingsong
Community Manager

Check again 🙂

export.png

kowal256
Observer
Oops! my bad. I could swear it was not there when I checked, sorry for the noise 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report