Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export as 3D PDF

Export as 3D PDF

Ability to export model as 3D pdf would be advantageous, especially for sharing ideas with non technical personell.

5 Comments
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

Have you tried the Share workflows from the A360 project? You can easily share a 3D interactive version of your model with anyone (technical or nontechnical) by selecting Share Item from the item dropdown.

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 4.37.56 PM.png

This brings up the Share dialog, where you can grab a hyperlink url like this to share, you can email or even embed the design in a website. 

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 4.38.15 PM.png

Do you think this sharing workflow would satisfy your needs to share work with non-technical people? And if not, can you go into detail as to what specifically the 3D PDF format offers to solve your problem?

Thanks,

Timera

CarlM89
Advocate

3D PDF is something that I used regularly with geomagic/alibre design. I like the browser based sharing, but there are times that I would still prefer a PDF file. I would also like this functionality added.

NadaNix
Contributor

Simlab makes 3D PDF export plugins for many major CAD and 3D graphics applications, including Autodesk Inventor, Maya, and 3DS Max. You could contact them and let them know you want one for Fusion 360...

mrehmus
Explorer

I need 3D PDF creation because I publish a digital magazine for people building operating model engines. The ability to view a complete engine, look at cross-sections and even change the appearance of the model is very important to me.

I cannot 'share' the model with thousands of subscribers in any other way.

Right now I use this ability in Geomagic Design, an inferior product but with some nice features.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report