Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Simulation - Prescribed Rotational Translation

Event Simulation - Prescribed Rotational Translation

It would be excellent to have a prescribed rotational translation in addition to the prescribed linear translation.

In the axe head example, the axe travels in a linear fashion straight down. This is not true-to-life, though. Similarly, any motion of striking by an axe, hammer, or similar would likely have rotation instead of linear motion.

This translates to a more complicated result, but a more realistic one. Drop tests with rotation applied would show true bounce and tumble as well.

6 Comments
MikeSmell_ADSK
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

DBVieira
Advocate

This is quite needed!

rhlee63
Community Visitor

I also need to apply prescribed rotations to simulations.  For example to a torsion spring, or hinge.  The need comes up frequently.  It's insufficient to use a prescribed linear translation.

RichardLee3904
Enthusiast

Again, I find myself needing this feature.  Without the ability to assign prescribed rotations, event simulation is severely limited in applications.

christian.wester
Explorer

What's the status on this?

henderh
Community Manager

We have it working in in-development builds. Prescribed rotations, and initial angular velocity in Event Sim.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report