Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equation Editor for Parameters Dialogue Box

Equation Editor for Parameters Dialogue Box

Having an equation editor in the parameter dialogue box would be incredibly useful.  The linear style of typing equations is insufficient for accurately entering complex mathematical expressions. 

While designing a crank-rocker four bar linkage and specifying the length of its coupler link, I found that correctly sorting out parenthesis errors took nearly as long as deriving the equation for the length of that coupler!  Having the ability to type expressions as they might be written by hand (especially for fractions and exponents) would save time, increase clarity, and avoid mistakes for the designer.

Formatted Equation.PNG

Parameters Dialogue Box.PNG    

3 Comments
daniel_lyall
Mentor

have a look at swift Calcs https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=915879760347548283&appLang=en&os=Mac

It being in fusion would be way better

philthalmann
Enthusiast

hey this is exactly what I was about to put in my comment to this. I haven't used it extensively yet but from what I've seen on the Inventor side it appears to be just what you're looking for and more. I'm guessing it will be coming to Fusion soon as well.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

This is something we'd like to get to eventually, but it is a ways out. In the mean time, we recommend you use that add-in app. We'll keep the community updated on our progress. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report