Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy method for saving edited materials

Easy method for saving edited materials

It would be extremely handy to be able to save an edited material or appearance as new and have it displayed in the browser in all models. I find myself remaking the same material across multiple models quite often.

5 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

Have you tried saving to Favorites. It only saves to the computer you're using thought, needs to save to the cloud to be really useful.

before.png

Mark

mdlockyer
Participant

Thanks for the suggestion! I apologize if I posted this here before fully looking into the solution. 

I've noticed the "add to favorites" button on the advanced editor, but it's always greyed out and isn't clickable. Am I doing something wrong? I know this isn't a support channel, but I'm curious and you may know the answer. 

Also, saving them to the cloud would actually be pretty killer now that you say that. That may be the better solution. 

Thanks for the comment!

Cheers!

mdlockyer
Participant

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 4.44.56 PM.png

Here's what I mean. That add to favorites button in the bottom corner of the materials editor is the only method I'm aware of and it's always un-clickable. 

HughesTooling
Consultant

Right click one of the materials then select Add To Favorites.

before.png

Mark

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report